First build at 11 years old!

But I started a couple of years ago tho

haha nope, 14 now. I gotta stop giving this kid ideas before he takes my record…

3 Likes

I actually just bought that battery to try it out “for science”. I suspect it wouldn’t give very much power, but it should be able to deliver enough amps to at least give as much power as some of those chinese boards that I see selling for $300. I will update once I have tested it though.

You’re right to worry. I’ve had 3 separate cops hassle me about it and one even me gave a ticket. Either they don’t know the law (which is sad considering they’re cops) or they just don’t care and want to fill their quota.

2 Likes

Fuck so I can’t even try being younger with 15​

i started at 15 and here i am a year later, finally up and running. we should have a “young esk8rs club”

2 Likes

I think it is a combination of both, it is so new that they don’t care to read it, and even if you bring it with you, half the time they probably won’t read it

1 Like

When ever cops stop me in my area i start talking to them most of them know me now and don’t care I’ve even gotten a few of them to try it. most cops in my area don’t care I’m 13. one even defended me when this old man called the police and said that i was going to fast and could possibly hurt someone. I wish more cops could be like the ones near me.

We should have that club.

1 Like

yea when I see cops I just slow down to about 5moh so they can’t yell at me for going too fast. my mom works for the po po so i’ve got a bit of wiggle room :wink:

1 Like

Yeah kinda feel bad for the people that get pulled over but its not my problem.

1 Like

Cops around here cant even be arsed to arrest the guy that stole my first board. I doubt they’d have enough motivation to pull me over if I did burnouts in their parking lot.

(I’m still a little salty about the whole thing if you can’t tell.)

2 Likes

yeah i would be too but at least u got some motivation to build a second. Sorry about that, I hope that never happens to me.

Bring a lock with you, and have some way to secure the board such that a person with a skate tool won’t be able to take off a wheel or truck and bypass the lock. I made the mistake of setting it in the corner rather than keeping it right next to me. I took my eyes off it for a minute, and it walked off,

Got you beat buddy​:joy::joy::joy:

First what’s your budget? It seems you’re missing a pair of trucks and the remote. You need a thread lock that’s for sure. You also might consider the HUB motor option, it depends on how much research you might or might not shave off a couple bucks. Look up 18650 batteries and BMS, it could save you a lot of trouble if you or your brother are familiar with soldering. Motor mount - you could get this. All of this can be determined by knowing your budget so I suggest you list your budget and your desire speed/torque.

1 Like

Wheeet?? So that’s the law here? Ilegal if goes above 20, and forbbiden if you race at 15 ?? So is a no-no. Glad here in San Francisco we live in paradise cop land.

Yeah, I hear ZBoards had a lot to do with drafting the law. I wouldn’t complain though, as far as I’m aware, it’s still the only esk8 law in the country

2 Likes

Why they did that? So their boards will fit the bill and others dont?

supposedly, yes

This thread makes me happy. I needed it after that other thread that made me very, very angry.

@caleb1 thank you for joining our community and if anyone gives you a hard time come get me. We want you to succeed. Sometimes we’re hard on people about reading up on stuff but i promise its because that’s the only way to get somebody to ask the right questions. Now go build something awesome and make your friends insanely jealous.

7 Likes