FOCBOX Unity Dual Motor!

I have assembled many DIRECTFETS, maybe I have better equipment than most of assembly companies and didn’t know :joy:

4 Likes

No offence but maybe its just calm before the storm :smiley:

1 Like

Doing them by hand is one thing, soldering them with a real production process is a completely different world :wink:

Your equipment isn’t better, you just don’t have any rules to follow and you adjust yourself for each board, sadly production don’t work like that.

1 Like

@stewii

Ok then, lets see how many you could do in a day then…lol

1 Like

Enough of this… lets get back On Topic and talk anout that beautiful pieces of tech :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Just imagine a 4WD settup :wink:

11 Likes

Lets talk about when any of us can get our hands on one :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Probably soon… It took less than 3 month for the Focbox to go from prototypes to production :wink:

6 Likes

I’m naming it. Type Double D.

:boom:

@uigiroux made a thread and we discussed, quadcopter style 4 in one controller/esc.

Type Double D…

1 Like

@squishy654

It’s a poor idea until ESC’s stop becoming the weak link in our power systems…

…a chain is as strong as its weakest link

agreed, the reason this works in mini quads is that quad esc’s have become incredibly reliable in the last few years. its very rare to break an esc now, especially if its tucked away in the stack.

Im all for reducing the number of electronics but the reliability needs to be further along than it is at the moment. I love the idea that in the future we may get a good dual esc with nrf, anti spark switch and maybe even bms in a single board. it would may diy super simple and reliable and that makes it accessible to more people. but we are not there yet :frowning:

1 Like

I think it’s backed by a no quibble warranty which costs a lot from Enertion When focboxes were reliable you could depend on them not going bang out of the box, who knows now

So this is not VESC based, or was that just a comment related to the trademark?

This is going to run a fork of the vesc software so yeah it’s vesc based.

Volunteering for testing :slight_smile:

We had not a single unit with direct fet issues last year… This only seams to be a problem if the manufacturer can’t guarantee a steady quality output, which will also result in other issues, not related to direct fets. If a manufacturer can make top spec PCBs, he can probably also solder direct FETs without any issues.

They are super nice but expensive. That is a reason to decide against them.

And how many Vesc did you produce last year?

Edit: Also just to be sure you understand me correctly, those Issue rarely if it not never reach the customer, since test are put in place. I’m talking for less than 1% of the failure that occur.

1 Like

As I said before… it looks like an STM32F7. I doubt it’s a fork. We’ll all know for sure once the bins or any updates are released for it. Wouldn’t be to hard to find code matches…

Enough to say that we had no issues.

So my good guess will be LOW enough to get them rework by hand…

EDIT: you do know that most of the factory won’t tell you all about their real process.

2 Likes

I asked enertion for the source code for the tools, and they refused to release it.

4 Likes