FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Weird. Didn’t you get a letter like this?

IMG_4126

22 Likes

Im dying :skull:

3 Likes

image Finally I earnt enough money to order the unity with the warranty! So stoked, hopefully it arrives at the same time as when I have earnt enough money to get the battery!

3 Likes

IMG_20190401_214625

Finally, now next step, try to kill em at 13s, dead serious

5 Likes

@CarlCollins, quick question. Ordered my unity in dec with a focbox. Was told my focbox won’t ship until the unity is available. Now, I just want to know if the unity was set aside or am I one to slip between the cracks.

Can you update with what you see? Order # 24332

Thanks man

2 Likes

USPS gave me a heart attack but they finally arrived…

2 Likes

I think multiple people are having this issue. I’m in the same boat. all I get is wait another month.

Still wating on fulfilment to EU from December order.

Hi, Not sure has this been answered before but would like to ask if unity is installed, what would happen if you brake downhill with a full battery?

Some esc would apply brakes gradually till you reach a full stop, would like to know what would the unity do?

Thanks

Does anyone know if you can use a remote through UART instead of PPM on the Unity? Or is PPM the only option? If so, would the new Flipsky VX1 work via UART?

I don’t see why not

I’m replacing all connectors once I have verified my unity works. Planning to use the unity in a Trampa build. I’m not risking getting thrown off the board because of bad engineering.

This is a great question for @Deodand

It would just brake as normal. In most cases you won’t regen enough power to damage anything. If you live at the top of a mountain and the first thing you do is go downhill 3 miles or something it might be worth investing in a charger with controllable max voltage.

There is a setting (max input voltage) which by default is set to 57V but if turned down would cut regen/cut power if that was desired behaviour, but I don’t think that’s good for an eskate. Also if you use a charge/discharge BMS it’s possible that could also cut power independent from the unity if you run up against it’s hardware limits.

4 Likes

Agreed, I have a rheostatic brake installed to prevent over recharge but I don’t think I could ever recharge more power than I’ve used getting to that point. Unless you start at the top of a mountain and brake the whole way down, I don’t feel the R-brake is necessary.

Sometimes I do like to taxi on my neighbors’ golf carts for extended periods of time though :smiling_imp:

I agree with the general idea that actually damaging a battery with this kind of overcharge would be difficult to do. As you point out, the real danger is if someone is using a BMS that will cut power on overcharge. I and many others don’t use discharge BMS for exactly these kinds of reasons.

1 Like

Overcharge cut off will still happen if you bypass for discharge.

Overcharge cut off will happen if you are charging using a charger, but it will not happen if you are regeneratively charging via the Unity.

It will when your bms reaches its cut off value.

Will it? How?

If the BMS is bypassed for discharge, then won’t the brake regen current flow directly to the battery, not through the BMS?

@Scream is exactly right. @sayekim, a bypassed BMS cannot switch power to a Unity, because its switch is bypassed.