FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Looks ok.

Is the C- connected to the correct spot?

It looks like it is connected to the P- according to the diagram but I can’t see clearly due to the shrink wrap.

Thanks. It’s connected to c-. Indeed it looks like p- but it actually bends back to c- since it was soldered that way pointing towards the other side. The bms was oriented differently before which made more sense for it to leave in that direction.

1 Like

What app does people use together with the unity, in order to get telemetri, like we have with the Metr app eg.

1 Like

Ackmaniac app. It’s extremely good, functionality absolutely needs to be ported to the unity app which IMO is very average.

1 Like

We are aware of the issues/shortcomings with the app and are working hard on upgrades :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey random question for you! The third group of of unities are expected to ship end of April or early May right?

I’ve been pretty head down focused on software stuff/ life stuff lately and haven’t checked in on production. You can ask support for our current best estimate and I’ll try and give an accurate estimate the next time I get info.

1 Like

“Xmatic”. Should work with the bluetooth module that’s already installed in the unity :slight_smile:

If you want a battery display with plug and play for Unity you can order them here:

They are easy to install thanks to round design so its just to drill a hole in the enclosure. Its easy to set the max / low voltage by a button and it shows both % and volt.

1 Like

Is there a button to hide and show the display or is it just always on?

Its always on when you board is on, if board is off the display is off

any jst 2mm LCD meter (most meters i’ve used) will fit.

Yes ofc? But like i said this is plug and play, if you don´t know how to or have a solder station you can buy this for plug and play with wires and correct jst connection. Then you don´t have to buy lcd meter, jst connector and cables and solder it together.

I’m saying most LCD meters come with the cable already, and we’re on a DIY forum. It’s not outlandish for most of us here to have soldering irons…

$32 for a volt meter is pretty insane.

3 Likes

Looks like a pretty cool little meter, I like the circular shape… I want one now. Just be careful to check polarity on one off of Alie Express or wherever but most come with a 2 pin jst. Reversing is easy enough.

1 Like

I make them for my boards and after uploading a picture of them a lot of ppl asking if they can buy them so i uploaded the product.

The voltmeter cost 15 usd, then cables, cable protection and jst connection + shipment and you are probably over that price and still need to do the work and have a solder station.

No need for you or anyone to buy it, I just added it because ppl was asking about them and i already sold 6.

2 Likes

Yeah, you can buy a water resistant voltmeter with all the cables for plug and play for $4 on eBay :man_shrugging:t2:. His looks cool, but it’s too expensive for me personally.

1 Like

Any pics of the screen showing some numbers? Curious to see how it looks on a board and the battery %

1 Like

Will take a picture of it on with numbers/% later today. The only only good pictures i found on my phone with it installed on the board is this: IMG_20190109_205435 IMG_20190117_211721

6 Likes

IMG_20190408_105116 IMG_20190408_105119

7 Likes