FOCBOX UNITY | Official

From doing a little bit of research and also getting the VESC6 version, the JST connector changes depending on hardware. VESC4 uses a 7pin UART connection where the VESC6 uses an 8pin.

I modified my VESC6 connecter by shaving away some of the plastic and rearranging the pins and it works flawlessly.

I would say try the VESC4 version, otherwise the PPM adapter that came with your UNITY will make it work regardless.

The benefit of UART is that you don’t really have to calibrate the remote inputs, it all should be plug and play for the most part. You just have to set settings on your UI accordingly.

I don’t think @CarlCollins is there any more

Then it will Be for the Enertion team :wink:

It got to the point where I don’t even connect to my unity with the unity app as I worry it might change my settings or fuck it up in some way. Connection losses, some stuff not saving like custom cut off voltages. Frequent recalibrations cause you stop for a beer and after you turn your board back on the motors are jerking. It’s all just software, some bugs have been fixed over time but many remain. Though it’s just literally patience issue. I use metr module for unity and the METR app and everything is fine :slight_smile: The main thing is unity won’t turn off or let you down, it won’t throw you into a ditch like Evolve. Dealing with things that just take patience is something I can deal with. Even though I sometimes bitch about Enertion, I love their products (except for their remote:)

1 Like

hi we are the 04/10 and i don’t have tracking for my ORDER #27332 of 10/07 …What’s happen please . I have send tickets , and you never send respons. @Deodand

2 Likes

hey guys , do you have receveid your unity tracking to the shippement of 20/09 ???

1 Like

no news ??? realy it’s not serious !!

1 Like

@CarlCollins @carl.1 @onloop

^ can anyone help this d00d

e: I cant remember if Carl still works for Enertion… if not, sorry Carl :slight_smile:

So i just rechecked my unity and found a burn mark in the switch connector on the board. The resistor near it seems fine.

I also checked the resistors and measured them with my multimeter (cause i first thought it were fuses). If i measure the one with the red circle my multimeter beeps but if i measure the other ones (blue) it doesn’t beep. Which ones should i replace? They are 0,001ohm which is less than the minimum my multimeter can measure.

Anyone knows what caused the burn and broke my board? I contacted Enertion last week and marked it “Critical” but they don’t seem to take customer support seriously. Still haven’t got an answer.

1 Like

Jeff and many others are much more active on the other forum these days. I’d tag him there. It’s Forum. esk8 .news

7 Likes

@Jinra is there a problem with me being factually correct that Jeff and many others are giving more rapid and helpful info on another website? If you dont want me or others to mention that specific website you can just make a thread about it instead of flagging, editing, and deleting posts.

6 Likes

I haven’t been doing any of the things you’ve said, i don’t even have context of what’s going on.

1 Like

hello i have buy the unity the 10/07 [ORDER #27332] and they don’t have shipped the product . Can i have the refound of paypal ???

So are you not the one deleting anti enertion posts on reddit either?

1 Like

Unless things have gone weird, jinra’s a cool cat.

Nope, i try to be as unbias as i can.

I did remove one post with that guy text spamming a repair agent, but only because his phone number was exposed. The OP reposted it with the number censored and that one i let stay.

2 Likes

My power switch broke and I’m not quite sure if I could use any powerswitch I want. Or do I have to pay attention to the voltage and amperage.

Hi, were you ever able to get your battery display working with the Unity? I have the same issue with a nearly identical display.

1 Like

me too, can’t figure it out but it works when plugged in to my other unity…

dumb question, but for a setup with two focbox unities do they need separate batteries or is there a way to use a single battery

please and thanks