GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

sweet! I’m going to use it for my rat board and hopefully have it ready for the ride next weekend.

1 Like

Nice! If you get stuck anywhere in the build shoot me an email.

welll… first i have to throw my playstation controller, then punch my keyboard… then say crack open a beer and say “well, shit.” then I’ll contact you.

2 Likes

checking this out! Thanks Chaka - shot you a question in the cheap 3d printers thread.

Flatline Customs - wow - great work with the enclosure! Do you mind sharing the link to stl files (thingverse maybe?).

Thank you @sl33py, The Mad Munkey will be on Thingiverse.

1 Like
16 Likes

@longhairedboy, I see you got your red controller.

Finally, a true to life “speed” controller. Makes me want to go out and buy a GT2B just to try out your case. Well done, sir!. :grin:

2 Likes

@FLATLINEcustoms i’m busy printing your wall hooks. Holy moly, Estimated print time is 33hrs. Hope it doen’t fail :grin:

1 Like

@Blasto all four of mine printed at around 38 hours with 90% infill are still on the wall. What infill are you printing them at?

@Mobutusan what controller do you use now?

Ah crap, ran out of filament…

I scaled it 10% up to fit 83mm wheels at 95%. Next try will be at 50% infill

1 Like

And here’s the second attempt. Printed nicely. Took 10h, 15% infill. Don’t mind the pink color, I may cover it up, maybe in plastidip?

The other one that had the defect towards the end, I printed just the top portion and glued it together so I wouldn’t waste the plastic.

1 Like

I’m using the torqueboards 2.4 ghz mini remote, and I like it both in size and function. I’m trying to figure out if I should go Bad Monkey, Enertion Steez, or another TB remote for my next board. Decisions, decisions. Wish I could buy one of each.

Also, are you selling these or can one of us normals even get one from you? I don’t have access to a 3d printer, unfortunately.

@Mobutusan if you’d like me to print you one, PM me.

That always sucks to run out of filament!

@Jeff this two part urethane mold will be okay to just pout into? No injection needed? Even with the thin walls of the MMv1 shell?

It depends how you setup your vents…Can you send a picture of your mold?

My guess would be to just give it a go with how you have it and tap the mold to try to get any trapped air to escape.

It shouldn’t use much material so if it fails you can always try again with a different technique.

Hi Flatline, Do you still plan to release the files on thingiverse ? Just to know if I should wait for yours or try another design :wink:

@Jeff haven’t gotten the mold poured yet. Just keep looking at the shell wondering. It seems like it won’t use much resin to fill it after its done though.