Haggyboard : esk8 street and AT boards and components

thanks mate ! my family name is Ribert :wink: but you got my surname spot on ! Cédric

Yeah I think it was back in 2015 or 16 when I did the review and gave the Carbon GT a ride in Paris, the french Evolve distributor (he’s a really nice guy but too much locked with Jeff which I can understand, so he has very limited freedom to express which have created a bit tension in our relation the past years) shared with me this set of hubs wheels. Evolve was looking to produce them but they stopped. I assume because they didn’t match something sustainable when their plan was to streamline and reuse everything to make money. So they were not at all in the “custom” or “parts” area but under development.

I shared them with a friend and he was happy with them and then gave them back. I’ve paused the battery mods on Evolve boards (too much time, not at all a good financial model - Evolve customers don’t care about paying 500 euros for a bad battery pack directly from Evolve but are still reluctant to give 400 USD to a one man army guy that does it after his job in quality to help them) as I found so crazy electronics weird stuff into them, but I have to admit that I really like their spoke hubs. It’s Nylon glass fiber reinforced right? anyone has a clue?

Cheers all!

5 Likes

Hi @Pmac, yes, our 150mm tires are he same as the prototypes we used for the 125mm tires. The tire size (exterior diameter) is slightly different, the interior diameter is the same. A full set of 150mm Bergmeister wheels is USD 215,-. (TWD 6650). This is just an estimate cost and I am trying to offer them below USD 200, give me some time and I will post the info on this thread, once the cost is fixed.

best regards Timo

6 Likes

Great, thanks Timo for your feedback ! Very interested in the future so :slight_smile: !!! It may be let us a chance to see a unicorn another time !! with this possibly 125mm suitable :stuck_out_tongue: I’m still in for a set :wink:

Hi @Riako let me see what I can do regarding the 125mm. Once back in Taiwan I will check with Innova if there is a possibility. Shall keep you all posted,

3 Likes

hey @riverside.rider, could you answer if motor mounts are included with Kahua trucks? I’m really interested in those trucks!

Hi @riverside.rider Really interesting products. Do you know if there are any reviews/written user experiences of the trucks and motors for example? Also will you be selling a complete drive system with just the pneumatic wheels (no Senor Pepes)?

PS. Based on your name I’d guess you have roots in Finland maybe?

So @Riako, if we can get these tires from Alibaba…

…and now that @riverside.rider positively confirmed that…

@riverside.rider

yes, our 150mm tires are he same as the prototypes we used for the 125mm tires. The tire size (exterior diameter) is slightly different, the interior diameter is the same.

…we can use the chinese 125mm tire on the same Bergmeister hub, no?

3 Likes

Hi @pixelsilva yes, I confirm that these tires fit with the Bergmeister rims. But you may wanna check with the producer, if they are actually allowed to sell the tires. I take it that Evolve paid for the moulding cost of this specific tire. Anyhow, what I can do is to put on my website the rims separately, if there is a demand.

5 Likes

Hi @jaatis, actually I have no idea why my parents named me Timo…I am Swiss and never been too Finland…still a place on my to-do list though.

Yes, I can also put on the website just the complete drive with the Bergmeister wheels. No problem. I ll do that once I am back in the office.

Hi @Tinp123, I have corrected the entry on the website. The motor mounts are not included in the Kahua trucks. The reason for this is that the motor mounts are made to specifically match our motors (in regards to the shaft length), which match the wheel pulleys. So if you are interested in the trucks, they would come without the mounts…if you are interested in the mounts too, then you could go for the complete set.

3 Likes

@riverside.rider could you tell, which mounts could I use with your trucks, except your own mounts? did you try any other?

@riverside.rider what are the dimensions of the sensor round conector? This would be perfect to route the wires inside the deck and exit right next to the trucks

Those motors :heart_eyes: Would two of these fit Evolve trucks with Unik mounts?

Hi @Pedrodemio, please refer to the below technical drawings :slight_smile:! Let me know if you have any questions. we have tested them and they remain tightly connected when riding rough terrain (vibration). Also, they can be easily integrated into an enclosure…there is a silicone o-ring included so as to make the connector water resistant.15 48

1 Like

Hi @Tinp123: So far we have not tested the trucks with any other mounts out there.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s perfect

Are you still with the orders suspended? I tried to buy via PayPal and said that the order couldn’t be completed

@Pedrodemio: I am actually having quite a few issues with Paypal and am trying to fix it as we speak. In any case, best is not to place any orders right now, given that they would only be fulfilled once I am back in the office. Am trying some other payment gateway as Paypal is driving me nuts. Sorry for the inconvenience. It is a true pita.

Update: Paypal issue has been resolved.

2 Likes

Ok, let me know when it’s solved or you found an alternative that I will buy at least 2 sets

1 Like

I’m definitely interested. I will be ordering a complete set once you are back in Taiwan!

Hey @riverside.rider! I think I emailed you a while back asking if you would be willing to sell only your motors without the rest of the drivetrain hardware and you said maybe in the future. Is the future now? :smiley:

Sorry I missed you in Taipei! You and Metasurf should definitely meet up though

4 Likes

He is still on Holiday - so he wasnt in Taipei when you were in Taipei

Also side note, since the pulley files are available on his website I took the time to mockup a gear drive for it.

9 Likes