How many times is Enertion going to push back their Unity shipping date? I'm going to miss a whole summer of riding because of them

So the person I bought it with agreed to cancel the order what is the best way to do so without having the problem of 20% cancellation fee

1 Like

You don’t handle it via enertion but the company behind whatever payment method you used. Alternatively, you may be covered by a consumer law such as CCPC. For you to figure out. AFAIK, if you deal with the EU you are bound by EU consumer laws for example, even though Enertion is Australian. Send Enertion a request to cancel the order with a clear reference to the law covering you. If you don’t get a positive response, you may have legal insurance. If so, let them handle communication from there on out.

Since your order has now been delayed by only a few days, you may actually want to check how many days your order has to be delayed for any of the above to be valid, or if a delay is even needed to get a full reimbursement.

1 Like

What have they ever shipped on time? Place has been a mess since it was started. Nothing ever is done when said. I stopped ordering from him long ago.

With some exceptions, the ESK8 industry basically ships products worldwide. Most of the DIY ESK8 parts I make are from overseas.

Therefore, it is not very good to distribute defective products to the world.The warranty becomes difficult. It is inevitable that companies will be cautious. In the past EVOLVE has sold a number of defective products. It had a number of life-threatening defects. The early GT series was a murder machine. EVOLVE continued minor updates over a year. I think the delay in shipping is better than causing my own serious injury. Product distribution will eventually become stable. It will probably improve the quality more than the initial product. The torque boards DD is also equipped with a temperature sensor from the 2nd batch and seems to improve the accuracy and quality of the axle shaft. I think the ESK8 industry is an industry that can not be said that it is better to ship new development products earlier.

3 Likes

Pick up a flipsky for half the price and get it in a couple weeks.

3 Likes

what’s the current projected time pushed back to? I’m in the same situation and they have just outright stopped replying to my messages

Maytech dual 100a is a good option too. Not the foc thing the based on vesc one. Solid apparently.

1 Like

Don’t buy things that aren’t on a shelf waiting to ship. This is a hard lesson to learn, but we all learn it eventually.

3 Likes

Ya I was looking at one recently looks good for around the same price as flipsky.

1 Like

Dude I ordered mine March 19th… I’m also pretty pissed off about the whole situation. I ordered it to control my Torqueboards Direct Drive kit which also isn’t here but that I understand. That was being advertised as a new product still underdevelopment and all that jazz. I knew I was in for the wait with the motors. But the Unity at the time I purchased it, was advertised like it was a tested, finished product ready for manufacturing and shipping. They keep telling me its 30 days out, I have asked 3 times now every 2 weeks, same answer… 30 days. I was harassing Torqueboards for the same answers and they sent me a page long story explaining to me exactly whats happening. Do you think Enertion did that? Nope… 30 days. It’s bull.

do you know when the DD is coming ?

Hard lesson to learn but you should never pre-order a product that hasn’t been released yet. I’ll buy one when they’re constantly available. You need to remember that these companies are looking to get a product out ASAP without doing all the testing. It’s competition. A company could wait a couple months to do serious testing but then miss the market hype.

What has Enertion done? They’ve hyped their product; released it in time for summer; suckered everyone into buying it and then delayed delivery because, yano, it’s not up to par.

They told me it should be shipped mid July

Edit: June.

The TB DD is not mid July. They are supposed to ship this week!

Oops your right. I ment mid June.

1 Like

The reason I’m lurking here on ESB is because I backed a mate x 205w+ bike last October with loads of broken delivery promises and bad luck (us/China tax wars) they’ve finally set up camp in another country and I’m not expecting my bike until October (allowing for shipping times / internal delivery). I decided 5 months ago to look into this sport.

In the time I’ve waited, I’ve saved enough to buy parts (second hand/some new) and am now building an electric mountain board and hopefully will get to ride it this summer in UK.

Don’t think I will ever back a big ticket item again. Mate burnt my trust and have taken the excitement and joy out of buying the bike.

It’s not even their first campaign, first was the same apparently. I guess this is what happens when you raise millions on a kick starter and have to scale up… they’ve still got my money and refunds have been really slow.

Ordered mine in early May and, after repeated attempts at trying to contact them I’ve had no communication, no reply, just silence. NOT A SINGLE LINE.

I have no idea of when/if I’m going to get my Unity. I’ve been an Enertion customer for a while and I was counting on this Unity to build a board in time for the Paris July meeting, but that wish is going down the drain now.

Really poor show @CarlCollins @onloop. Care to tell the peasants bankrolling you where my money or my Unity is, or when is it getting delivered? I’m effectively bankrolling your exploits with no benefit coming my way from MY money.

How many of us are in this situation??

3 Likes

It’s amusing that during this time of troubles Enertion have disabled their Live Chat feature :slight_smile:

You should see the newsletter email I got this morning. Hilarious PR spin…

4 Likes

well, I tried to contact them on Saturday and never got a reply back, so at least they were efficient in doing something, disabling the Live Chat feature ahead of time.

24 hrs response time? I guess the space/time continuum got broken somewhere at Enertion’s HQ.

image image

You can’t believe how much I’m laughing now.

A possible senario is that due to the bad batch of the wheels, renewing their process has cost a lot of money. They did not have this money so they had to sell many unity during pre-sale during the Easter sale. This did not yield enough money, as a result of which they again have a sale, but because some people have problems with unity, a large sale is not forthcoming. Probably there is no longer a budget for the people of the online support.

#justdreaming "maybeituisthetruth

6 Likes