I am trying to build a 4wd e board and need help

The new versions of those esc’s are pretty much bullet proof and the motors last too. They had big issues with the 1st generation of both but now not so much. Its still the cheapest way to get a 30mph build and the new trucks are strong as. Talking just the hubs tho. Not the crappy belt drive as you well know @Skunk lol Find a vendor that will stand by the product like ownboard or wowgo. Even meepo sell kits now and are a much better vendor. Anything goes wrong with the kit you have now then do not expect any back up from diye. Bunch of wankers

6 Likes

What upgrades do you suppose I should do to it then

Except when I buy Quality Parts they last. so I don’t have to replace them every 3 months. Those trucks broke after 7 weeks of riding. Was sent Replacements that started bending in 4 weeks after waiting 5 weeks for The Replacements.

3 Likes

Either way you’ll learn a lot.

If stuff didn’t break, I wouldn’t know a fraction of what I know now about my board

3 Likes

I’d upgrade the esc first but thats expensive for a 4wd board. Do you have lots of hills to climb? Is 4wd necessary?

Why do you want to upgrade it? You have only just built it. Ride it around and have some fun. Find out what you want to change and then do some research. Easiest way to get some more controllable input is the motor controllers but minimum spend there is $450 once you factor in the cabling and remote, shipping etc. Board will be a different animal entirely though.

3 Likes

Batterys and good vesc are the hardest thing to find “cheap”. Batterys at least you can build yourself and save money. But the cost of getting into that doesn’t really save you money unless you’re building a few batterys.

3 Likes

Congrats on your first 4wd build btw. I hope it’s an enjoyable ride! @Halbj613

2 Likes

Absolutely @Sebike

Congrats on a new build and now you are in it for the long haul because you are in here. Apologise to your wallet and wife/gf/bf whoever. It will consume you and spit out the remains.

2 Likes

Hi thank you please contact in future if you have any good deals which might be worth buying for my board

Keep checking back here! Not only is it a great way to learn from a lot of awesome builders, but you’ll also find people selling their old gear or spares, so definitely a good way of getting some well priced stuff for your builds!

This guy doesn’t know what he’s doing but… anyways this has been done way back, I suppose this thread was “unnecessary”

Alright Dave, calm down.

No one said you’d be scammed and no one said it wouldn’t work. Its 4 motors and a deck, you assembled it. well done.

1 Like

If I can count correctly you need a whopping 4 parts to make this work and about 20 mins of research

4wd esc battery motors deck

@Halbj613 did you ask the question on Reddit

1 Like

This is the 3rd thread about this POS build.

All your questions are answered there. Someone warned you that the brakes would be too strong. We also warned you about the quality and scummy antics of the “vendor”.

1 Like

I%20really%20cant%20wait%20for%20all%20this%20femenism%20gamergate%20internet%20_3d402eb6c781d9c88cd3419c33f6e390

There’s absolutely no need to start multiple threads about the same thing over and over

4 Likes

C’mon man calibers aren’t 30$ for EU peeps that’d be like 20eur+shipping for used,

Mixing USA’s, EU’s and china’s deals with some exaggeration (ignoring possible shipping costs) naughty naughty.

1 Like

I got a used set for £25 with upgraded bushings

1 Like

If he built a board during black Friday. He could have built a killer 2wd for around the same price. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Shipping inc?

10jason