[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hi my names Erric love flying up hills.

2 Likes

Hi, I am Roman I have one build under my belt. I used the Mboards kit builder because DIY was intimidating, but now my knowledge is more vast! Esk8 has taught me how to solder, understand electronics, and pound my head against the wall trying to problem solve. I plan on making a rad eMTB as my next build!

2 Likes

Will do

1 Like

Hey I’m Martin! I’ve was an esk8 enthusiast for a couple of years, but due to the problems at enertion I lost my board when I sent it for warranty, it was right when it all started falling apart and never received it back. I’m trying to get this esk8 bro badge so I can possibly win some prizes and build myself a new board.

3 Likes

Been here since… 2017? I may have introduced myself long ago but who knows

I’m a college graduate from Cal Baptist University with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Been building boards since 2017, I think I’m up to like 8 of them now. I spot weld my own batteries, build custom enclosures, etc. Love Esk8 and have ‘seen it all’ as it’s happened since 2017

2 Likes

Hi everyone, Im Oleksii - im here for about 5 years, i made my first build at 2016 i think, and 95% of the instructions/help and support i got on this forum(I leave in Ukraine and esk8 is absolutely not common here, i assume im one of the first ones if not first esk8er in country. Im in capital - and i have seen only 2 esk8ers so far and thay were on pre-buld boards). So thanks to everyone here. Im basically refining my first build ever since(rebuild it more than 2 times), changed design, changed many-many parts, but i still hold up to my diy deck, hobbyking motor, and zippy 12s batteries. I had tons of breakdowns, had mad 12s esc 120a with no brakes, burned 3 times cheap vesc(repaired it only 2 times tho)), made different cases for batteries from Kydex, changed many remotes and many many other staff. Love this place and this hobby. Its impossible to calculate how many miles i drove on my old buddy)) Im planning to change my old lipos from 2016 (i treated them very well - they still hold up pretty good for its age, my only concern is safety at this point) and change my single motor drive with custom plate and pulleys to raptor hub motors that i already have, change batteries to liion and solder them to fit in my custom cases(harder that it sounds), make decent charging system(currently im charging 4 lipos idependently) and power it by unity - this would be the biggest upgrade to my build so far

6 Likes

not new but old

2 Likes

Hi all. I’m Flares, an aged 47yr old from the UK who skated in his youth, and an esk8r for the last 18 months.

3 Likes

Hey new member here. Love esk8 and have built one of my own

2 Likes

Hey I’m a new member and I am in the process of choosing my parts for an electric skateboard and hopefully make my own remote for it off one of the tutorials on this site, it’s actual amazing and I am learning soo much!

2 Likes

BIG WELCOME

to all the newcomers!

4 Likes

Hi everyone! I am a fairly new esk8 rider from New York City. Picked up the hobby this summer after being interested in electric skateboards for a long time. I have two boards so far and looking to DIY one soon.

4 Likes

New member here. I’m slowly working on my first real non-kit build. Look forward to go through some og build threads and learn a bit more. Hopefully there are lots of pics as I’m a visual learner.

4 Likes

Hi, i’m planning to learn a lot and build a nice at longboard!

1 Like

Hello everyone, new member here. I’ve been planning a trip to Japan and what better way to travel a country than by esk8 :wink:

Here to do some research before buying (or building) ^^. All of this is still very new for me

3 Likes

Oh, there is tones on topics/videos/explanations/photos/pictures. Good luck, its a great hobby. Buy a helmet - you wont regret it at some point.

3 Likes

Waddap! I’m Mikey, from Sweden. Been eks8ing for a couple of summers now. I ride a retail run of the mill streetboard with 5xxx motors and 10S2P, nothing fancy but it gets the job done.

I have a DIY project as well. It was a SYL-08 when I got it, still is I guess since I’ve only changed the ESC to an Unity and the remote to a VX2 Pro. Plans for it includes, well everything I guess. Right now I’m waiting for belts since the once it came shipped with was way to short.

Looking to do a boardswap to somerthing with a smaller rocker. Also looking to get a flatpack. Not a fan of the Trampa style mountainboard with everything on top so I have to go flat to get a bit or clearance.

2 Likes

Hi my name is Cris but my friends call me bubbles, I like long walks on the beach, poodles and the smell of potpourri when I wake up. Esk8 is an addiction and I’m not planning recovering anytime soon. I’ve cluster fucked many boards together over the years. Read about everything I could on all the forums I could. Finally joined up and been talking shit ever since. If your in Colorado hit me up and we can be friends with batteries. :fu::v:

3 Likes

welcome. :smiley:

2 Likes

thank you.