Limousine | 55" Sector 9 deck | Dual Diagonal | 192kv SK3 | 10s4p | Chain Drive | Dual AXLE Vescs | GT2B Mod | Custom Enclosure | 90mm Flywheel Clones

@Kaden56 I will actually learn how to use SolidWorks in my next semester at university. After that I will come back to you :stuck_out_tongue:

What CNC do you have access to? CAM software?

He made one - pretty badass. It is up around Dec 7th.

Really love the case, can you tell its dimension? Lôk so thin

1 Like

I built a 2x3 foot CNC. I use fusion 360 for cad and cam and my controller software is mach3

1 Like

The case is less than an inch and a quarter thick. Then the board is a half inch so the whole thing is just under 1 3/4".

1 Like

Took care of some passive cooling vents tonight. Should provide a little bit of airflow for longer runs. I did one on both sides of the front end of the enclosure and I’ll have one outlet on the back. I made them out of that adhesive metal mesh you use for repairing drywall with black material stretched over it from an old black sock. I hot glued the whole thing to the backside of the grommet I put in the slot which I cut out by drill 3 holes then cutting the rest with a razor blad. They let a decent amount of air through and I think it will keep dust to a minimum. I’ll be 3D printing plugs for them so they can be closed unless I’m going for a longer ride. Should be no need for them when I’m just between classes at school.

3 Likes

$4 at lowes. It should provide a good seal. Finals are over so lots will get done today! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That is awesome! I have a xcarve, 1000mil, and love it! Do you like mach3? I have been experimenting with different control softwares…

I love Mach 3. It’s stupid simple and it has more options than I’ll ever use. It sucked biting the bullet on that one but I think it’s paid itself off now. I do recommend it.

Vesc one and two :slight_smile: my goal is to take the enclosure off as little as possible after it all goes together!

3 Likes

Been quiet here for a while but I finished my board a couple weeks back and I’ve loved every chance I’ve had to ride it! Unfortunately it’s been to snow/slushy here in Salt Lake City Utah to ride it this week and that will probably be the case for quite a while. It’s nice to have it done though!

Here is the handle I put on it to help transport this beast :slight_smile:

4 Likes

omg, i love this handle, where did you get this? this is something like raptor 2 handle.

1 Like

Built it in about 2 hours using scrap aluminum alloy sheets :slight_smile:

I still need to re-grip tape the deck but other than that it’s done! It’s been a blast to ride around. I hooked up the nano x remote today which looks really cool and feels good in the hand, but don’t let that fool you… it doesn’t pair like a bunch of other people are having problems with. I’m hoping they put a new update out that fixes the binding issue soon. I’d rather not take it all apart again to switch back to my other gt2b remote.

7 Likes

aha, i just saw you on a thread talking about yourself… and just wanted to say…

the difference in quality your board as a mechanical engineering student and my board as a a chemical engineering student REALLY shows, lmfao. I don’t know how it is at your school but there is always a liittttttle bit of shit talk that goes between the different engineering majors at my school. all that aside, good fucking job dude. looks sick.

That enclosure looks really nice. I need to build a cnc!

@abenny lol I was a CS major while i built my first board to commute to campus. the ME EE there people never made anything like these!! :sunglasses::nerd:

Hahaha the mechanical engineers know they are good with building stuff but not smart enough to be an electrical or chemical engineer :slight_smile: haha we know our place! And thanks man!

1 Like

You should! I built my CNC with very little school knowledge, just a lot of reading on the internet :slight_smile:

Here’s a video of playing around on the board with my wife today. Fun stuff! Thank goodness the nano x is finally working.

8 Likes