Looking a reliable motor. Experiences welcome

no more adapters is nice @hyperIon1, but if the sensor wire is the same length than the phase wires it´s still not that good. the sensor wires need to be longer as min 100-150mm or you need to cut down the phase wires from your esc. :wink:

3 Likes

Yea, I noticed that too, with the 6880 it’s hard to cut down the phase wires due to the coating. It’s something that can be adjusted in the next batch.

Ok, this is the esk8 version of the hydrofoil motor 8085 160kv with sensors, 90a max, up to 14s battery packs. This is the Knuckle Dragging (high Turque) Ape of a motor you crave…

4 Likes

@hyperIon1 as usuall i have something to complain about :rofl: why they write 8085 if it says 74mm long in the specs. Is it a typo?

1 Like

Alright @egaleeyeandy, Im not sure but it seams to be a discrepancy on just about all the descriptors for size. If you put a meter on the real thing… Its a good question I will bring up to the rep. But really 6mm isn’t a big deal unless it is to some. I think what it can deliver in power and performance will overshadow 6mm short.

Do they have 8074s? Anything over 75mm won’t fit on evolve trucks and I don’t trust those APS motors

that’s the debate, real size versus documented size

1 Like

for me that wouldn´t matter as my trucks wide enough, but others might have an issue with 85mm length, so 74mm would be definitly better :wink:

Edit: @hyperIon1 when it´s a thing than please also add the hole pattern to the description. 80mm motors are sometimes different (as min it is that case with the leopard and APS motors). Good to know which motor mounts or aadapter people would need to fit those motors.

a sealed 6374 meters out at 75mm long

I will have them clarify the actual length of this motor. The hole pattern is the same as the 6880 motors (which have an extra set of bigger mount holes) but yes, I will post all this once I have it

1 Like

The dark matter ones were a limited run done by @scepterr. However I think they are being sold rebranded.

they are all coming from the same dog shit factory @briman05

and @hyperIon1 is that new 80mm motor going to be a little cheaper?

Well, I appreciate your input @moon and would like to add that most motors are produced in part or whole in the same factory or cluster of factories over there. I Understand most have had different experiences with motors produced over the years. Keeping in mind that during that time of (repurposing) components for esk8 purposes didn’t always work. At the moment they are what we have to work with, (work with) and thats what we are trying to do. Guide in a way

+1 :+1:

Only on use since last summer, but they work well too under any time outside .

Yeah I was specifically talking about “dark matter motors” and all the rebrands. Maytech motors are a different story

1 Like

If I have the $€£ , this is what I would take for my e-Dirt scooter I guess ^^ so badass !!!

1 Like

I get ya, but I have suspicions of true origin. This is what is so hard to deal with, they are used to a lower quality, low-cost demand. Now we show up pushing the limits and they don’t understand so much

4 Likes

That’s a big issue. What does it cost more to battle harden a motor during production? Maybe 5-10$? I think most of us would happily pay that extra but than be sure that magnets stay in place and the motors last longer.

1 Like

If they are brand new, sure. If not, unfortunately not. But we still warranty our products. Just reach out to us :smile:

2 Likes

What about the trampa motors? I run those on 1 board with their vesc6 and closed maytechs on another with unity. The trampa is definitely smoother, but not sure if the vesc has any part in that. I haven’t had any problems with either, but haven’t run either super hard for too lpng.