Motor issues with vesc

On one of the pics you just uploaded you still have 6A in detection. Make sure it is at 10a and Write conf and then reboot vesc.

this won’t matter because he doesnt have a remote and is just trying to turn the motor using arrow keys.

Oh ok it was me, sorry. Try upping the low dutycycle to say 0.08 and run detection again with the “no app” that is correct

@MontPierre The 3 values you set at motor detection are not saved in the VESC they are just for the detection therefore you dont need to write nor reboot

do you have sensor wires connected? or are you running sensorless?

sensoreless config

I see that in the config, but do you have the wires plugged in?

which ones the 3 with the bullet connectors

there should be 3 bullet connectors and then also another wire which is the sensor connector. Its a little white connector with 7 or 8 little wires connecting to it.

no its not connected becasue im in sensoreless

do i still need to connect that wire

1 Like

Please program/set up your vesc based on this video tutorial. I believe Jacob is the guy that programmed the bldc tool so he knows what he is doing.

If you are still having problems, torque boards has a channel on YouTube and I believe he has one video of setting things up too so have a look at that.

1 Like

here is a full video of my problem: and by the way im using 2 6s batteries in series. https://goo.gl/photos/y6iAuCv5pQr5nbYT8

can someone please help?

uncheck any boxes that have to do with CAN

change erpm limits to -60k and +60k and uncheck the negative torque when hitting max

Then swap some phase wires around and test again

motor detection still fails

have you tried to do it in sensored mode?

no but do i need a special cable for that

if that works i would buy a cable and if i dont need a special cable then what should i do

now im getting a drv8302 error. i heard that means that i fried something but does it have to do with anything about the motor?

Did you check the voltage limits on the main screen? Maybe your battery is above or below them