My favorite electric skateboard remote, what's yours?

i have a 2 year old lingy esc, it costs like 40$ and it has been abused in a multiple crashes but ive never had a single problem with it, i either got lucky and got the best chinese esc ever made or they are really not as bad as you think

i even experimented on it with a heating iron to remove unecessary cables and it still works with barely any visible damage

1 Like

Well young grasshopper, many hands make for light work.

2 Likes

I half way agree with the use of shit equipment. I have a couple ESCs I swear they could swim. However, very very limited on motor use, power output everything really. But for test purposes I’m not ashamed to say I use them. I’ll throw a setup on a board in 2 minutes for a quick spin to see if I like a deck. If i fry it, fuck it. Rather that that burning my good ESC’s.

3 Likes

Bruh, come back when u can fine tune the acceleration and brake with really small increments, as well as logging data w/GPS for each trip. Oh be sure to come back when u swap to another drivetrain and found out it doesn’t work well or doesn’t work at all, but u would probably just think that it’s ur lingyi esc shitting the bed and just go buy another one.

1 Like

im well aware of the vesc benefits but can it do this

aight nvm it wont load but you get the point

Don’t know what u r trying to show off, but I guess it remote trigger lights? Then vesc can do that.

The only thing that vesc not able to do (yet), is standby mode in hobbywing esc, that’s it

2 Likes

Well we can’t get the point if we don’t even know what it is, nice job lmao

3 Likes

this

bet your double button rc car remote cant do that huh

Or you haven’t used another motor controller.

I just recently got my hands on a lingyi esc in a meepo board and for me it just doesnt even come close to the hobbywing for chinese motor controllers.

3 Likes

are you using them with belts? lingyi acts strange with some belt motors

1 Like

No i used hobbywing with hubs

2 Likes

It can be done, a two button thumb wheel remote can do that, VX1 is one example already. If u want to know which board has that, go search metroboard

What else u got up ur sleeves

2 Likes

cruise control

1 Like

VX1 got that

What else u got

3 Likes

money because i didnt spend it all on the remote

1 Like

Fucking burned. That was clever junior. Hahahahah

Bruh, vx1 won’t pair with ur lingyi esc, so when r u moving to vesc

3 Likes

Vx1 is shite

1 Like

well yea ofc, coz lingyi remote is da best as OP said

2 Likes

vx1 is not bad but im not buying a whole new esc for my board just to switch the remote

also the tripmeter on remotes with screen is really useful to estimate the battery