My new 4.12 vesc is slower than my hobbyking 70 amp 6s esc?

Alright guys I made a ghetto series connector and GEEZ is it fast… Too fast in fact. No way I’m going to be able to ride it without falling off trying to control the throttle smoothly. Anyone know how to make the throttle not so sensitive?

Make sure you don’t use too much solder and not cover “as much area as possible”?

Make sure to heat up the wires/connectors and let the solder “flow” into the joint. And use flux, if you don’t have flux use rosin core, and leaded solder, lead free solder is a pain in the ass.

2 Likes

You can map the throttle in VESC tool.

Rule number 1, don’t make “GHETTO” connectors especially when dealing with BATTERIES

1 Like

I looked at the mapping and I was confused lol I’ll look at it tomorrow it’s pretty late where I am.

Lower your bat max and motor max, 60 amps is way too high for the batteries you’re using

Yea lol I used alligator wire clamps to hold the last unsoldered connection together bc I really wanted to see what it’d do.

Just be glad that it didn’t blow up with those clamps.

Also, whats your c rating on the batteries

60 amps is too much? I thought 5ahx60=300 amps?

1 Like

They’re 60c each

Oh then it’ll be fine for your batteries, no promises on your vesc though. Most people have their bat max at around 30-45

Alright I’ll turn it down to like 45-50amps

And I’ll turn up my amps :joy: @scepterr scolded me for having 35 bat max on dual

Oh yea, forgot to mention, that directly affects your top speed and torque

So… 45 or keep it at 60?

No lower it lol :joy: Actually, I’m not the one to talk, but I suggest setting it at 45 and playing around with it a little bit see what you like yknow, its the DIY life

1 Like

Ok thn lol 10 characters

I run mine at 60A but I have a focbox and they’re rated for 60 continuous, 120 peak. I also don’t often draw 60A for more than about 5-10 seconds at a time anyway (usually getting up to speed, and then I just cruise on a light throttle).

Ok thanks for the help

If your gonna stick with the 149kv motor, then switch your batteries to series for more speed. 6s… 149 x 25.2v= 3754 rpm 12s… 149 x 50.4v= 7509 rpm

parallel… 25.2v x 10ah= 252 watt hours series… 50.4v x 5ah= 252 watt hours The range remains the same, theoretically.