Nano-X Remote Issues

Yesterday I took a 3 mile ride in 28F weather to work, and then about 300m ride to throw away some office trash, Worked great the entire time. I charged it up last night as I slept, and it struck me odd that it wasn’t reading as fully charged when I woke up. Somehow the negative battery wire/lead broke away from the circuit board. Obviously it’s the result of a lousy soldering job.

It’s an easy fix, but I figured I would share it in the Nano-X issues thread.

I have the same issue. It did bind immediately and worked the first time afterwards. Ever since, I have to push the servo cable connector onto the receiver, and it connects instantly. I’m still in the process of building the board, and I’m glad I found this issue before finishing. I did just send an email to Enertion support, but the video I have is too large to email. Ken

It is such a simple fix. Still doesn’t excuse that it isn’t soldered better to begin with.

hey, it seems like by soldering it would strengthen the connection? can anyone tell me which part exactly to solder? pictures would definitely be helpful :smiley:

Exertion already contacted me and will be sending out a new receiver. That’s damn quick service! Ken

I’ll a picture tonight when I get home. Unless I am wrong about my remote being a nano-x. It might just be a… nano?

they sent me a new one after i contacted them for faulty remote & vesc x they sent me a new remote but went silent on the vesc (idk if this is very good or bad service lol) vesc i sent three to four emails, with one replying that they will contact me later (and silence me for a month) jason also never replied my tag nor my msg… the remote though they sent me a new one after ten days, which was faster than i expected however, the new remote had the same issue… when it connects its all cool but when it doesnt, i have to take off the battery enclosure and retry the remote link…

Have you replaced the receiver or just the remote (transmitter)? I had one that issues in the cold and a new receiver (not transmitter/remote) was the fix.

i swapped the whole thing, still doesnt work the safest way for me to make sure it work is to open it and reconnect if before i leave then when i do stop, i only turn off the remote, i keep the battery on the whole day if i keep the battery on while it linked perfectly ok once, it will stay linked no matter how many times i turn the controller off

would be better if i can get it to connect everytime when i turn on the battery though

Sounds like the exact same issue I had. Never had a drop out but would always lose it in the cold if i cycled the battery. For me, my problem was a bad receiver.

1 Like

After reading these I am a little sad that MEB hasn’t restocked the bench wheel remote.

I guess it’s the Crystal o. The receiver that needs replaced. Seen a video looks easy but not 100% where the solder needs to go enertion wanted me to send it back but I don’t feel like waiting on the turn around if they just sent a receiver with a return label that would be more ideal. It’s of the quality of the product being made in the USA has such bad quality control.

Did it ever become clear why nano-x wont connect in cold? Mine connect at the same second when board and remote are in room temp, but in 10 celsius it doesn’t. I wonder if i should buy new remote because 10 celsius is warm weather in here. I can’t switch off my board outside because it won’t connect when it’s cooled down. Any idea @onloop

Hi, I had the same problem. Just contact Enertion they should give you a replacement which works, they send me a complete new set of RC an receiver. Now it works flawless.

Did u send remote back to Enertion before they sent you new one? Or did they just sent it after you proved that it doesn’t work?

I didn’t even have to prove it, it was a common manufacturing issue which other people experienced as well so they just send me a new one. It took them 4 month’s though… Their customer service is the worst one I’ve ever encounterd but in the end they come throug though. I would just send them an email and if that does not work send an email to this adres: Linda Stapleton [email protected] she is the bussiness manager there, she got the ball rolling a few times for me when the rest couldn’t do their job. Good luck!

I’ll try that. That 4 months is reason why i’m not very comfy with this. But if i don’t have to send it back before i get new one i’m fine.

Btw did they sent you only receiver or full set?

Its only the older receivers that didn’t work properly. They only need to send the new receiver.

I expected only a new receiver, but instead I got both a new controller and a new receiver.

Yep. Mine is from first batch.