NEW ESK8 V1.2 controller by esk8.de version 1.2 with new feature and cheaper price!

Lol is this thread a history lesson about ww2 and Henry Ford?

cuz he is keep bringing random logics and example that nobody askedā€¦

People no offense We already sent the first donation to BV in December 2015. For the 4.12 Only Enertion, chacka and we sold the Vesc. Even Trampa bought Vesc from us and even from the money What Trampa has paid us went to BV But you also have to understand that at the moment we are just trying to produce a good quality So as not to spoil the product itself at a price. We will not get rich with it, but there is another phylosophy behind it I think everyone knows that we build good quality. We can gladly raise the price and donate from it. But we want people to volunteer. You get a good price and the good quality. Customers from non-EU countries get a dual setup for 252.- ā‚¬ If the price is not good then I do not know Since the customer can also donate something right? But only on a voluntary basis, nobody is forced to do that.

10 Likes

Thank you, think the price is competitive šŸ–’

It looks very good and price makes it a no brainer if you live in Europe. Is it still being made in Germany?

Yes we produce the controller only in Germany All with original Mouser parts. And we will not change.

6 Likes

relax bro, Iā€™m with you. It was just a simple question. Didnā€™t mean to offend. Just wanted to know what the situation is.

Iā€™m sure you sell an awesome product and yes, for Made in Germany the price is extremely competitive.

I can only thank you for your honesty We do our best

And we Producing the controller in LA when you know what i mean lol.

So I am confused here. If this hardware is based on the 4.12 VESC open-source project, is it programmable with the VESC tool or is this proprietary firmware with itā€™s own programming tool?

If I understood correctly 4.12 schematic with DirectFET output for battery monitor and new design pcbā€¦

Well the hardware is one thing. But I want to know about the firmware and software.

You run it with official FW and Vesc-Tool, no special FW needed.

1 Like

Now i have making the update in our Shop and the esk8 controller 1.2 was now in stock and the option for dual setup was included. Pleas when you order the dual setup, klick the button without LCD monitor. By the dual setup was automatically the LCD monitor included.

1 Like

I am very happy about it that the customers perceive the possibility to donate. Today we received two donations for BV These are passed on 1: 1 to BV. We can thus make a reasonable price for our customers and also support BV a bit. Thanks to all who help

2 Likes

Is FOC supported? The product description says try at your own risk. Is it not covered under the 2 yr warranty?

yeah, i got the 1.1ā€™s and i want to go FOC, how safe is it @esk8?

With that many FOC DRV problems the 4.12 hardware had I guess they want to stay safe and not give warranty in case that something goes wrong. Kind of understandable at the price point. Even the Focboxes require the additional warranty package AFAIK and they have FOC in their name. However Iā€™d also like to hear if FOC stability was improved.

2 Likes

I ride al my Boards with FOC with the 4.12 and with the esk8 controller. Without problems, and i never grilled the DRV. The problem was only by the customers, they canĀ“t finde a good manuals. We want making a tutorials video for FOC and with english subtitle. But by the Video must help me a friend, because my english was katastrophal. We sending the controller with FW 2.18. The big problematic was by FW 2.18, that you donĀ“t should between FOC and BLDC. When your controller run under BLDC and you want change to FOC, than it was better programming the controller new with the FW 2.18 and after then donĀ“t using the BLDC but also the FOC. And what very very important, thats you donā€™t going over 10S and 200KV. Next week i became new motors with 12S and 170KV, and then i testing the controller with 12S and FOC. Some customers tel me that he have tried out with the controller 1.1 12S and FOC at own risk with the SK3 Motors with 162KV and it was working. But before i can say thatĀ“s working, i must testing by myself.

1 Like

@rich he have controller from me, 4.12 and 1.1 He testing the 4.12 under FOC in his ATB. I hope he can say anything to FOC with our controller.