New Flipsky Remote?

Ah thanks for the clarification, so they only use Rx to give commands to the esc and they get the battery voltage by tapping the receiver on the battery

1 Like

I can’t do that though because the dual 6.6 plus doesn’t have a can on off switch. It’s CAN on by default.

You can still do it, you just won’t have reverse

1 Like

I’ve checked with Flipsky as well regarding the difference between UART and PPM, all functions will remain the same except having reverse on the UART method :slight_smile:

I’ll be wiring mine up with PPM since I don’t use reverse anyways :laughing:

1 Like

Flipsky has told me that all the pre-order remotes shipped with all the different types of cables so i guess i can try both ppm and uart and see which one i like better.

I don’t trust the signal consistency of UART personally… my HM-10 had disconnects from a couple feet away

1 Like

I believe hm-10s are Bluetooth while the flipsky remotes are 2.4g

Just out of curiosity which one is better?

So if I wanted to hook this up to the Focbox Unity my best option would be through PPM? I have no idea on the differences between control methods (PPM vs UART). I have a mini remote but I am definitely interested in a thumbwheel remote that I don’t have to calibrate every time I turn on.

I wonder how the battery voltage will work with 11s… probably just set it to 10 or 12s and rely on my board’s meter for accuracy like I do now. What do y’all think? Guess it will be one more reason to eventually upgrade to 12s. Thanks to everyone who pre-ordered this remote for science!

1 Like

You can also use the unity app to check for battery levels!

Try this one

1 Like

Just received my VX1 remote this morning. I haven’t connected it yet, will have to wait until after work.

What I will say is that in the hand this feels like a significant step up from the generic 2.4G nano remote they sell. The casing feels much more robust, and the finish is really nice. The thing I’m most excited about is the electronic on/off switch. I’ve really had enough of slide switches after my flipsky nano and DIY firefly remotes.

2 Likes

Got mine yesterday, the finish is o.k. but I was surprised by its lightweight, other remotes with similar functionality weigh more. Still have to find the time to set it up.

1 Like

@goldrabe @Scream where are you guys located US? Mine was shipped last week but it hasn’t left China yet.

I’m in New Zealand. Mine shipped out of Hong Kong 22 March and arrived in Auckland same day. Took a few more days for delivery.

1 Like

Japan, mine got shipped via Singapore.

1 Like

omg! cant believe i havent seen this thread before. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for :slight_smile: (The only other option is the feather remote)

4 Likes

Got mine today, comparison with the Hobbywing controller :slight_smile: IMG_20190326_143801

4 Likes

Ok I love this remote so far.

I had to muck about a bit to get a connection to the positive battery terminal. Tried going off the voltmeter port on the unity, but didn’t work, which is weird cos it works for my voltmeter display. Maybe something to do with not running on the same ground as everything else?

…anyway I spliced the voltage connection into my charging circuit and it’s running good now.

I was having this annoying issue with the flipsky nano where the on/off switch was cutting out randomly, causing it to lose calibration. This meant I was always sketched about using my brakes cos the uncalibrated remote would treat any braking as 100% brakes and lock up my wheels. I think it was having connection dropouts as well.

The flipsky VX1 remote doesn’t require calibration with every use, and it has a huuuge range. It’s crazy, I was controlling my board from outside my house on the street - about 25m and through a few walls.

Real world test tomorrow.

2 Likes

I just wired mine up with the 6.6 but notice that the speed mode doesn’t work…does yours work?