New on the block: Maytech VESCs

If only their prices were competitive! I’d pay 70 shipped tops for a Maytech VESC. If I’m spending 100 I might as well buy chakas

1 Like

Is that us price.

I got a quote from freerchobby for VESC 68usd/pcs exw shenzhen $22 express shipping…

I can’t find it being sold at $65 on AliExpress

i think @elkick had one in his hands and was a bit disappointed by the quality.

Many non genuine parts, caps values lower than specified by Vedder, bad solder joints, non working bootloader, FW containing max ramp step bug.

Those 2 VESCs have been delivered last week directly from the factory in China. Not matching their claims for quality at all.

But it matches the price they are asking for…

3 Likes

Do you have any feedback on those maytech vescs ?

Decided to go against it after hearing negative experiences from multiple people. @elkick can tell you more.

Good to know I was sceptical but now i decided to buy my vesc from esk8.de they look good and i heard great customer support reviews Btw @elkick how much is shopping to Milano Italy ?

1 Like

It’s 12.50 insured, which is not cheap - but then again I am sure that it arrives! :slight_smile:

Been away from the forum for a while. I’ve got mine and they are rocking my Maytech 6355s to 55 km/h. :grin:.

No issues so far after about 50 hours heavy use.

Build quality is also excellent. Although I don’t have any VESCs for comparison, they meet my standards from my experience of other PCB equipment.

Some photos (I took off the plastic wrapping and their branding sticker. No disrespect, Maytech :kissing_heart:):

6 Likes

How much did you pay for it?

The bulk order price - $65.00. Shipping was part of another order and worked out to about $4 per VESC to South Africa. Arrived in 17 days.

So - how many vescs?

I see there are benjamins name and also his homepage on the vesc… Kind of cool that, they do leave a reference to that :wink:

Yeah, it is really cool of them. That’s how it should be with open source stuff! Glad that they are paying homage.

As to how many VESCs, I ordered a few.

I don’t know their full price drop policy, however they seem pretty generous. It’s not available on their website, and neither are their prices, but their ordering instructions are that you contact them for a quote.

So, if you are interested in their product and want to know more details, I would suggest that you send them an email and ask them for a quote, as that is how they operate.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

If they are so good and so cheap, might worth to do a group buy

2 Likes

Do you have a list of parts that you changed?

There’s a big price difference ordering a few components and ordering thousands tough. For example, the mosfets (IRFS7530) if you buy 1 its 5.27$ if you buy 1000 its 2.78$, as you can see its almost half price. Even without going that high in numbers, 100 units are 3.88$ so still quite a difference if you’re producing VESCs vs making a few for your own.

Just got this in the mail today. Anything you would like me to check?

3 Likes

Take some pictures of the soldering works :wink: