Noobie first time esk8 UK build | 10s1p LiPo | SK3 6374 192kv | FOCBox VESC | Two Bare Feet Board

OK, I’ll go with the second one then, thanks!

Actually, @leonsc you said:

also the second has the cutoffs for lipo not li-on. Lipo can’t drain as low as li-ion

But, to me, it looks like the second one has lower cut off discharge suggesting it’s for li-ion?

Second one over discharge realise voltage 3.1 I have this one

u can ask for the settings u need

That’s the problem, I’m unsure which specific settings I need :confused:

What are ur battery specs I.e mah,cell coun,c rating and single or duel motor

Two of these wired in series:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-battery-nano-tech-5000mah-5s-35-70c-lipo-pack-xt-90.html

10s1p battery, 5000mah, 35-70c and it’s for a single 192kv SK3 6734 motor

5ah = 1c it reads that u could charge up2 15c but that’s not advisable. Ur never going to charge really above 20a witch 4c also would be safe in ur surcamstants as there is no c charge rating specific to your battery it just gives a potential of upto 15c

All that being said I’d go for the second one also see if it has a switch built in saves on an anti spark and is just easier

Thanks @leonsc.

Sorry, but I’m still really confused. I’m a total noob! Would you mind giving me the exact model and breakdown of the specific spec I should request from Bestech?

Again, really sorry, I really appreciate everyones help with this.

Thanks, so go for this one?

Should I request any changes?

1 Like

Yer looks good sorry was at work

I’ve now pretty much got everything I need to get the build done.

I couldn’t help but rig up my RC controller, charge the lipos and ratchet strap everything to the board to go for my first ride.

OMG this thing is awesome! I managed roughly 300 meters before the 3D printed motor pulley gave up (PLA mock up piece, will be printing again in nylon).

I’m so happy with this setup, it’s far exceeded my expectations!

Thanks to everyone for their help. I’ll get some more photos up as I put everything together properly.

1 Like

Thought I’d update this but with pics only!

2 Likes

Um what someone else said before about lipos handling up to 4.28 is not exactly true. Lipos may explode if charged that high

Thanks, yeah, I had a good chat with @PXSS about this. He explained that the BMS is really the last line of defence and, realistically, there should be plenty of failsafes before it anyway.

1 Like

Yeah you should be right if you charger only outputs 42v. Looking nice and I love those kegels, such a nice orange😍

Yeah, I bought this charger.

It charges to 42v and has overcorrect protection. I plan on monitoring charge levels for the first few charges for peace of mind.

Yeah, love the Kegels. I know orange and black is done to death but it does look ace. Thanks for your kind words.

1 Like

Sorry, @leonsc, I totally missed your question! I’m just north east of Birmingham. You?

North west near Manchester want more ppl in uk so we can have a meet up and ride about there’s a few London way

2 Likes

After many iterations, I think I’m happy enough with the battery enclosure. 3D Printed in PLA and then plastic welded together (bit of filament in a dremel trick). More to come soon! Oh and I’ve blown up my focbox whilst trying to do the wiring for the BMS so currently waiting on another.

3 Likes