Planning my first build...any and all input welcomed (needed =)!

@Frenchy thanks for the input! I wanted to get the TB 218mm trucks which have a 47mm axel, and their V5 dual mount set and 15mm belts. If you’re running 47mm axels with 12mm belts and it’s tight, that means I won’t be able to get away with 15mm belts on my build eh??

@whaddys Tb 218mm truck are as wide a 747 jet there are 320mm wide you can fit all sorts on there…those trucks I have are bear Kodiak precision trucks 140mm with the extended axels makes them total of 240mm wide…

Yes you are correct sorry if it sounded that way I was just chuckling and throwing it out there as they are NOT precision as you like to rep the shit out of them and could use some of that help with real equipment …

Get off your high horse. Ya i can’t drop $300+ on Ronins. No help needed, thanks.

1 Like

So I gotta figure out this battery situation here, which is a whole other shibang now…I know I’m going 10s4p lion, my question is do I find a pack and order it online and what should I look out for? I have zero capabilities in building a pack, I’ve seen some people get packs custom built from folks on this forum, and I’ve also read about having to open enclosures and recharge batteries everytime? Do I just want a battery pack and a BMS if I want to build this so that I can simply plug it into the wall without opening enclosures all the time?

I’d recommend @psychotiller or @hyperIon1 for buying a battery. (Both my batterys came from them) Theres also guys like @longhairedboy & @thisguyhere but i personally haven’t used them so im only recommending what i have experience with.

2 Likes

hot damn those suckers are expensive. Do you save yourself maybe $100 if you build the pack yourself vs. buying a pack? I’ll prolly order from @psychotiller but i’m just curious about the price diff.

With the investment in tools and supplies and the potential for wasted materials during learning you only really save money if you plan on building more than a few batteries.

Not to mention if you build a battery incorrectly or poorly, you’re making a bomb that will burn down your house.

4 Likes

Well guys, I’m about to drop some serious cash at torqueboards, going with them all across the board for motors, turcks, mounts, pulleys, battery and vescs. They have some kits that will save me a little $$ plus they seem like they’re reliable and decent quality. I’m gonna take their 12s4p battery instead of finding a 10s4p because they come with an enclosure and the price seems right. Also I’m getting the kit to mount kegels so I can mount the caguamas I got lying around while I wait for a pulley option to become available for the MACH 1’s. So I’ll be sacrificing some torque all together but gaining some top speed and range on my cags for the time being. I still need a remote, and I wasn’t too impressed with TB’s remote options. Any suggestions? Anything I need to consider when buying a remote in terms of compatibility with TB’s vesc’s?

1 Like

it’s a good batt, you won’t be dissapointed.

I think the bkb mini will work and it’s pretty cheap and loads of people like it. I’m about to try it out in a few weeks as well.

GT2b never is a bad choice, it’s a bit bulky though if you don’t modify the housing. That’s my daily driver and it’s top notch.

A more expensive option is the Hoyte puck remote, they should have a cheaper ~$100 version coming out soonish.

1 Like

I should say though, the included 2 amp charger for the 12s4p is god awfully slow to charge. If you completely empty your pack it’s gonna be 10+ hours to charge to full again. Best pick up the 4 amp one or a different 12s one that has an even higher amp rating.

cool, thanks for the heads up!:grinning: any idea what sort of range I could expect for a 190 lb-er?

1 Like

Depends on quite a few things. I would say 20-30 miles.

I get about 30 miles on mine. I weigh 130 lbs and get around 11wh/mi.

OK @torqueboards I just dropped some big time $$. Lemme know if you got any coupons when those AT wheels come out :joy::rofl::sweat_smile: 21%20PM

4 Likes

@whaddys working on em! :smile:

3 Likes

Shoot, well I think I goofed up and didn’t consider my bettery and vesc enclosure sizes fitting on my deck. #nOOb shit. The deck has a 20.5-24in wheel base and the 12s4p battery enclosure from TB is 20.2 in. long. I didn’t take into account clearance for the motors and VESC mounts, clearly, and goofed this one up. Am I SOL now for using this deck with all these parts? Here’s another look at all the pieces I got:

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/decks/55251/earthwing-muirderer-fallen-one-37-longboard-skateboard-deck-w-grip

https:///collections/battery-enclosures/products/12s4p-enclosure-v2

https:///collections/electric-skateboard-pulley-belt-combo-kits/products/36t-kegel-pulley-15mm-combo-kit

https:///collections/electric-skateboard-motor-mounts/products/v5-fixed-motor-mount-set

https:///collections/electric-skateboard-power-kits/products/dual-motor-electric-skateboard-kit

Well you could put the motors under the tail. But that would kinda ruin you using the tail. Or…

You can do what im doing and go forward mount on fwd.

Im actually doing it on the 33 inche version of that muirskate deck.

To be frank with you, the TB enclosures used to be quite brittle. If your deck allows you to use it (flex / concavity wise) then go for it. Otherwise, you might be interested in looking at other solutions when the time comes.

@eboosted and @bigben are the two most prominent figures in the enclosure bizzy

2 Likes

b93768934bf48a74af426365e078c802542baa80_2_1332x1000 4d9fa5c90b63cc8a17a0e8fb7c32791f31fa4df6_2_1332x1000 39afdf183caf40e73ef265dfaccac88ac75ba874_2_1332x1000 8230af88fc74e484529b5fca57a3def3b3867878_2_750x1000

1 Like

Is actually going to be making an enclosure that should fit this deck very well but it’s going to be a while.

3 Likes