Relapse | BKB Tayto | Fatboy Nano Gear Drive | 10s2p 90c Graphene lipo Battery |

I think your missing you motor plate the lil shield in between the motor and the housing of the gear drive … mine has one… and that seem pretty close to the gap that your having issues with… I think… with out that there in place I think the motor will be into the housing more so that would make your gear case not close properly… not sure but that what it looks like to me

2 Likes

That only comes with the Fatboy mini not the nano. Wahsers would achive the same goal.

Yes washers would achieve the same but i figured it came with that spacer like the mini …sorry I wasn’t aware… good luck with your build looks awesome

1 Like

Yeah no worries. Just trying to figure out where I went worng. They built it just fine so must be something I’m doing.

Worst is kuggys is on holiday and he is usually pretty quick on the response

1 Like

hers some more pictures of the motor and gear. 20181229_213524 20181229_213314

Yeah, it looks like the circlip is in your way. You can use washers but keep an eye on the screws, make sure they stay tight and def use loctite.

3 Likes

I think you need to remove the locking ring on the motor axle and just have 1 ring close to the motor, if you have the lock ring on the motor pulley will hit the enclosure Edit: i now saw earlier post about you already have the problem, removing the locking ring and all other rings except 1 small is the solution

1 Like

Wait. I’m a bit confused. You mean remove the c clip and leave the other ring? Will that affect the motor at all?

I mean this: f63f172826c99c809b549f1975ffac2927cb324e And the thicker ring under needs to be removed. The problem you have is because this is to high up because of the ring under so its touching the cover: 655caa740cda3512c73f1d02a6a80d5d40f435fb

Edit, atleast thats what my problem was (i have the same gear) and the other Fatboy mini gear is the same with.

1 Like

Ok got it. So I should remove the clip and put the c clip back right? just confirming. Have you had any problems with the motor since you removed the clip?

Yes remove the locking ring, then under it it is 2 rings, remove one of those to. Then it will fit. No i didnt have any problems. But if you are unsure I suggest you contact 3dservicas and ask. @Kug3lis

1 Like

Alirght thanks for your help. That seems to be the best solution. Now I’ll probably spend a day trying get the this clip off :joy:

1 Like

:wink: nice, it should be good !

Its hard to get it off if you want to keep it (and reuse it) and if you don’t get the right tool, but here you could destroy it :smile:

Edit : If you do not have a circlip forceps, take a nail or a small forest that passes through one of the holes and twist it.

1 Like

yeah i know the fuckers like to fly around when you take them off. im gonna buy a tool for best result.

1 Like

ITS ALIVE :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

7 Likes

this is on 39V aswell. might a overkill for a campus beater. lol

3 Likes

i took the circlip out and removed the bigger spacer that was under it. i had to cut the shaft 2mm more but the cover still hits the gear still doesn’t fit.

correct me if I’m wrong but what excatly does the circlip hold? because i dont think not having the circlip there would make a difference. if i take the circlip out and cut the shaft 2mm more. it should fit. or do you recomend keeping the cir clip?

You can remove the lock ring and the washers. But save 1 small washer there so the motorpulley dont touch the motor

1 Like

alright sounds i’l give it a go. thanks again!