Secret Santa 2017 (Completed)

Maybe users should not submit their addresses publicly, instead PM the user

I’m not sure if I’ve understood your suggestion. Currently what is happening is that people send their information to myself through the survey and after matching them I’ll send their information to one other person involved. So at most, your information should be shared with two people. You’ll know I have it (and I’m happy to share my information if people would like it) and I’ll know who else has it along with their information so unless a fairly trusted member lies on the form everyone but me is showing their cards.

Considering my involvement (and the fact I’ve already received a gift), I’ve been thinking that I shouldn’t get involved but I will probably be someone’s seceet santa.

Where does your suggestion fit/what does it change? If it gives people peace of mind I’m all for it!

I see. I was thinking users can post a part they want/need and when another user sees something they have, they can send it to them, and add their name to the list.

motor pulleyzzz like that?

1 Like

Talking about motor pulley it could be nice if someone could get me one of those

15 Likes

is the shipping free?

I hope so…

if it is i’ll buy it

if not, it’s a deal breaker

1 Like

I’d love to get an enclosure (preferably 2 smaller ones for vesc and battery)

I would love to participate But the problem might be getting my parents to let me😢

How old are you? It’s about giving…and getting a mystery something. If you have a good part laying around. Why not join in? Shipping something light is not too pricey

(…Edit…)

I will try this weekend to ask

This is pretty much asking for trouble… but my stats are up…

and I have a box a parts I can pick from for a blind trade :thinking:

I have a lot of parts just collecting dust. I just signed up for the survey. The idea is great!

I appreciate that with every opportunity for honest folk to do something good, there exists an opportunity for exploitation. I’m trying to minimise this but I cannot prevent it.

It would be amazing if you could take part, if you’re hesitant then I can understand why.

Let’s all hope for great fun and potential for a tradition to start.

A good guide for this process would be the Imgur Secret Santa, check out the FAQ sectin at https://giftagiraffe.com/.

A couple of useful highlights…

What happens if I sign up, but I don’t get a gift? This really sucks, but it’s possible. We hope that everyone who enters is serious about exchanging gifts, but we cannot guarantee that you will receive one. If you don’t receive a gift, contact MartynMage. We’ll try to get you in the backup gifters program. Please remember that giving a gift can be just as fun as getting one!

Backup gifters, and getting a backup gift Once the deadline to receive gifts has passed, if you have not gotten a gift please email Martynmage at [email protected] with the subject line “No Gift” and include your username. In order to qualify for a backup gifter you must email within 7 days of the gift deadline passing, for example: domestic Secret Santa entrants must email on or before Jan 6th.

2 Likes

Great idea! Adds some Christmas spirit (or holiday spirit) to esk8. Filled out the survey.

Survey done. Why not, I say.

When’s the deadline for the survey