Shipping, WTF are y'all doing?

I’m concerned that they would make me check it in when they see it and I would have nothing to put it in

I had to call the airlines the day before and make sure it was ok, when they said yes i asked them to make a note on my reservation about my inquiry. I fly Alaska airlines and read from other people’s post online that they’re cool with boards.

1 Like

Speaking of which, my battery pack just arrived from @Michaelinvegas. Thank you very much. It was an awesome weekend.

20181025_210513

4 Likes

I’ve had Fedex ship multiple 20-25lb longboard sized packages across the country for like $30(eBay Discount).

How much is UPS been charging you?

They would charge me 40-50 then send me a bill for more. They aren’t charging me shit now. FIRED.

4 Likes

$7 to ship trucks :flushed: I just paid $17 to ship my used trucks and I sold them for $27 lol :joy: Atleast someone will enjoy them But yea shipping is a killing

2 Likes

I woukd go to the post office and bring the stuff you usually send with you and ask for the cheapest offer

Then if you send with someone like DHL or some other cheaper currier if you send 10+ packages (in my caee) the prices drop significantly

1 Like

@Deckoz add dots to your gmail.

[email protected] is same as hellome@gmail. You can add as many dots as you want and they go to the original email.

10 Likes

^ this is brilliant

and if it goes international it´s even worth with them… first you pay an ass full for express shipping, than they charge you extra for every shit and in the end they more slowly than the stuff comming with aliexpress…there costumer service work from 9-18 from mo-fr… the same for there curiers… how the fuck i should get the parcell… i work every day from 7-19… and the next pick up place is about 2h by public transport… if you call they give a fuck about you. they call 5min before they want to bring the your pack and if you not at home you just fucked up… my motors now already laying 2 weeks in Moscow in a warehouse and waiting to go to custom clearance…they have all documents they need but nothing moves…always the same…the sad thing, i can´t choose the company which ship things i order… sorry for that, but i´m really pissed at the moment. waiting 4 month for motors are just suck… just needed to write it out, couldn´t hold it back :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

@mmaner try printing the label at home, get a small padded envelope and give it to the mailman… the mail clerks are always asshole w/ sticks up their asses… I’ve dealt with them all my life (dad’s a mailman/union steward for USPS)

When u give it to a mailman u bypass the Nazis at the front desk and it goes straight to the back for sorting

4 Likes

That’s what I’m trying to do, don’t want to have to go to the Post office but the mail carrier won’t accept anything iver 9pz or bigger than a small box or envelope.

2 Likes

Use this: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Then just tell the post office people you’re just dropping off a package.

2 Likes

$97 via fedex via 3-6 day Ground service from FL to NV, then $123 for 2-3 day ground via FedEx back to FL from NV.

Crate was 14 x 16 x 47, and weighed 105 pounds.

Shipping boards is ridiculous for most people, especially for events. That’s why i’m trying to do that thing i mentioned on telegram with the event shipping service. I’m going to try it out for Colorado.

I can ship a complete in a 35 pound package at 48" x 12" x 6" from FL to WA for less than $30 and it will be there in a week. I’ve never heard of anyone walking into a UPS, FedEx or USPS store and mailing their board anywhere at all for less than $100. This is (in my opinion) because 1) they never have the right box, and 2) they always tell them what it is and that always incurs unwanted attention and fees.

3 Likes

moreover, no one should be shipping their boards ANYWHERE via USPS or UPS. FedEx is the only option if you actually give a shit about the condition it arrives in or if you want to be certain it will arrive at all.

4 Likes

UPS are uber dicks with shipping the 45x18x6 is what box but when you open it and put stuff in it it usually expands slightly and then when they check it if the box is slightly more that the dimensions stated they up charge it. Plus they add in a fuel charge if it is a bigger size no matter the weight. Or like FedEx does Dim what which is dimension weight that means at a certain dimension the box should weight this much. The biggest scam is insurance because after 600 it is an added $1.30 for each hundred dollars more but from $500.01 to $600 is 9.15.

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#_c191

2 Likes

@maner in answer to your specific thread question, Just buy bubble mailers and declare the package as 1" to 2" thick by the existing width and height. So many focboxes shipped that way. You’ll still get ok USPS rates provided you get an account with an aggregate and stop walking into the store. For USPS, try stamps.com.

Motors and trucks and shit like that can be large and heavy, just make the dimensions as tight as possible on the packaging, its the best you can do for that stuff.

1 Like

OMG I thought this was only my town’s post office. This is so true.

Reminds me of our shipping nightmare last year doesn’t it. Was 60 bucks for one package :confused:

1 Like

I paid even more for a trampa board from uk lol I think I paid around 80$ but it was still a great deal so im happy :grin:

1 Like