Space cell pro 4... horrible range

Seriously, idk why… 2 home made l18650 packs in a 12s4p, a space cell 3, a and zippy 12s 8 Ah and never could get more than 9 mies of range. But I ride fast and raw…

Honestly, I take these numbers with a huge grain of salt. If you ride slow and on flats, you’ll get way better range.

YOU must be a heavyweight then?!

210 when I have my backpack on and al the gear. I ride on a lot of hills though also.

Look for nickel stops that aren’t spotwelder down

What settings would you recommend for my 3P settings?

I have the following:

14 or 15T don’t remember /36T (enertions), 83mm wheels. SK3 6364 190Kv

motor max 60 motor min -60 battery max 30 battery min -12 max current ramp step .0400

dual or single

well i dont really know what a nickel stop is, sorry. but everything looks in place? like there isnt anything crazy

your battery contains strips of nickel that are spot welded to the battery cells, there should be 80 points total where they are spot-welded. check each one and make sure they’re securely attached to the cells

your battery has an issue because i was able to get 16 miles on my space cell 3 on all flat land

Nickel strip is that metal on top of ur battery cells

everything looks fine… i guess i just have to deal with it x.x

You can that may not be the best choice though since you may be unbalancing ur cells

i mean, i think theyre balanced… they balance when its charged all the way right? like once its done it balances them

i try to balance them once every 3 or so charges

they wont balance right if one or more groups are not 4p because of detached welds. Do you have a multimeter? Check the voltage of each parallel group and see if they’re all the same.

no unfortunately… where do you think i could use one for free? lmao maybe an auto shop?

You should buy one, they’re an essential tool in this hobby.

good point, ill look into getting one when im at my local hobby store

Single. Sorry about that.

I would do battery max 50 motor max 80 motor min -70/80, but then again I don’t have much experience with single drive systems.

1 Like