Spiral Bevel Gears Gearbox

I have a single motor set up…i’ll pay extra to try this lol

Im extremely interested, i posted on the forum just about a year ago regarding this type of spiral bevel drive train but Im not saavy enough to make one myself so Im gushing to try this out haha

5 Likes

Great, I will contact you after the test is completed this week.

3 Likes

Did you decide how you are going to make the Box, Not the bevel gear

I don’t have any new ideas yet. :sweat::sweat:

i mean, if the box is not complex, you could maybe outsource it and save cost.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice I will evaluate it again.

I have updated it again. I added the bearing to the gear.

Testing on the road

9 Likes

well looks like i know what i am gonna get for christmas

2 Likes

the braking didn’t sound healthy though - were the teeth skipping?

1 Like

I imagine there is some flex with the wheel/motor/mount etc that would make skipping pretty inevitable, i feel like youd frequently lose optimal contact between the pulleys when going over bumps or when breaking/accelerating

1 Like

The brake looks like no problem. Maybe I pressed the video too early. I think I need to open it to check.

1 Like

Brake tests are only meaningful under load - without the mass of a rider that needs to be slowed down the observation will not reflect what’s going on in real life. What I meant to ask was if you could FEEL some teeth skipping (like one can with a belt driven system).

5 Likes

I understand what you mean. There is no problem with teeth skipping now, but I think I need to do more testing.

1 Like

The developments are looking really good. Keep it up. :grinning:

That deck in the video, its like 1 foot long. :scream: it could be a chopping board. :joy:

5 Likes

That’s really like a chopping board :joy::joy: Not easy to control because it is too small

%E4%B8%8B%E8%BC%89%20(1)

2 Likes

when you max your agility stats on the cost of everything else^^

Update! Received it over the weekend from @MorrisHsu, gonna put it through its paces today! 20180924_132950

20180924_133300

16 Likes

That looks so cool

2 Likes

That’s sick, keep it up! And once you finish updating it, maybe think of ways to reduce the sound of gears.

That looks terrible.

Shit. This is going to be the new standard isn’t it.

1 Like