Stoked - From Freebord, with love

One the side note, where do you get lief-tech’s bindings? I don’t see them for sale on their site

I am sure someone on this forum could reverse engineer a pair out carbon fibre/fibreglass?

3 Likes

perhaps @MasterCho, Are you interested?

1 Like

Hey guys… i will lower the price back down to $39 just for you guys ;)… but i urge you guys to be innovative… dont be pissed… everyother board sport w/ bindings designed their own bindings at one point…

The point is just be innovative like you guys are and create something rad for your rides… sounds like you are already doing it… no hard feelings… but yeah we will drop the prices… however we have to put a cap on it if you guys start buying us out… lol… so again thats why we are encouraging you to make your own designs… if leif tech could sell you bindings thats great, but similar to us they dont operate to just sell bindings… if we did or manufactured 1000’s more to sell to you guys then it would make sense… but you guys arent buying in the 1000’s because there just arent that many of you… so im sorry this upsets you… but logistically we will have an uneven amount of bindings vs boards for our customers and distributors… we have to plan our manufacturing with the seasons which makes it difficult to go deep into bindings early… so with that said i hope you guys understand we mean no harm to you or your sport… so we will bring the prices back down, but at a certain point we will have to slow it back down again… sometimes being fully transparent hurts, but i hope you guys take this as an opportunity to evolve your sport…

1 Like

5 Likes

Nobody cares that you raised/lowered the price. It’s funny that you still don’t understand that.

Everyone cares that you were a complete dushbag for no reason to people that were buying/promoting your products.

People here DO know what its like to buy/sell/stock product. There are a lot of members here who own and run businesses that sell way more product than you do. There is definitely a better way to go about out it.

Sometimes being close minded about your audience hurts your business in an unrecoverable way, but I hope you guys take this an an opportunity to evolve your business practice.

10 Likes

Great and i do see some understand… sorry the internet can be cruel, but yes people do care the prices were high… we get emails about it every few days… the rude interaction was to get this conversation going and bring you guys together… if you didnt like it i apologize, but to be real it is doubtful you guys would be this fired up about making your own bindings now… we want you guys to evolve your sport and understandably i came off as a dick, but you gotta see how enraged some of your were… and what did that do… it got you guys to gang together and discuss this topic of bindings… you guys need bindings just as freebords, snowboards, wakeboards, mtn boards, etc need bindings… something amazing will come out of this i swear… sorry for the tough love… could we of approached this topic softer? Yes… but from our perspective we want to see you guys innovate for your system and to get you guys to rally we viciously ravaged a key player in the game… lol… seriously though we love you guys… i myself have built quite a few diy boards… ill share with you this summer…

What about the part where okp was asked to take the bindings off and go buy anothe brand? Tough love? I think you may have underestimated the esk8 community and the rapid rate in which it’s growing.i had no clue at the amount of amazing products these guys are capable of crating and producing.

3 Likes

Tough love? More like stupid comments and next-day damage control. I was on the fence to buy a pair and now I won’t so… mission accomplished? Let’s see what the community can design.

6 Likes

i feel you, those damn customers handing you money. so annoying :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

Sounds like the attitude of a company with not much foresight. I mean it would be reckless for me to give a professional opinion without knowing all the facts, but just as with trampa, if they can’t show us a design patent number or any other registered right… well you guess my answer.

2 Likes

WANTED TO BUY: Chinese clone Freeboard bindings :wink:

2 Likes

Not sure if I should cry or laugh after reading this…

1 Like

I used to say I love being in business, everythin gbut the customers. It occured to me one day that I hated it, regardless of the money. So I sold it all and walked away. Sound like this cat needs to get on a slow boat to anywhere but where he is…

4 Likes

yeah bro, if you are in the business of selling shit to people, and you don’t want to sell shit to people you should probably stop selling shit to people…

rocket science! :rocket:

8 Likes

no doubt. sometimes it’s one of those cant see the forest for the trees situations. You’ve been dong this for so long, invested so much time and money, reached the point where its almost self-sustaining…it cant be that I hate it! The thing is, a business is never self-sustaining. It’s a leech that will suck all of your time and money straight out of your veins, if you let it.

I am getting the feeling this cat is having one of those crisis and sees us as the problem. His decision making skills are crap too. He’s a either a liar with all this “tough love” bullshit or he’s just inherently dishonest if his go to is to try to manipulate people instead of talking to them. Either way, I’m glad to know the facts now.

I bought a freebord deck with the intention of making an esk8 with it. Turns out it’s a pretty terrible deck. Freebord wheels are essentially useless for anything but freebord, wear out to quick for even that. The one good product he has he just flushed…so, yeah. Good luck.

3 Likes

I think the challenge was accepted friendly or not.

Thought controlled servos adjusted 3d axised mounts with position-changing auto-lock-in a-comin’ to a unik storefront 2018.

Shame freebord isn’t floated, seriously we would love to hostile takeover it and make you coffee-bitch, don’t take it bad, just internet

2 Likes

You guys are funny… this is fun… so what did we figure out here? You guys are going to start making rad bindings for your rad boards? You guys are going to hate Freebord for taking an aggressive approach to informing you on our sales of individual bindings to you guys?

What we didnt learn is why would someone at Freebord troll a member of the diy esk8 community? We have seen a handful of theories, but do they add up? Maybe its a blend of the ones you guys came up with and the excuses from the source its self? Will you ever know? Maybe not, but one thing is clear it was fun and the fun of getting your panties in a bunch has worn off… keep doing what you guys are doing…

stoked… with love…

My God, you are a colossal ass hat.

14 Likes

Why do you wish we were floated? Thats so mean…