[Text Responses] No words…just pictures delete words!

i want to love it. its massive though.

2 Likes

I didn’t think it was much bigger than the supower bms that has a high fail rate.

I’m going to try and jam one into my hummie build, mainly because the flipsky 6.6 dual doesn’t give me accurate voltage to metr…

1 Like

2x the size of d140

From looking at recent builds and the trend I feel like most people are just using small bypass bms now

1 Like

That looks like it would be the most uncomfortable ride ever

1 Like

i’m not using a bms on my giant pack (12s8p), just using a balance charger.

the smart bms is nice on small/discrete builds.

that is true, but clearly not in the same league as diebie. i think the benefits outweigh the difference in size.

1 Like

True. I just need a larger enclosure!

1 Like

A fabric lam. I love it havent seen it done it a couple of years

2 Likes

@Sender you are the man doing those wraps

2 Likes

I bet £25 the 74a 76mm ride better than crappy china clones at 83mm :slight_smile:

(for a short 80s reissue deck I want as ‘skateboard a feel’ as possible)

2 Likes

For real. Everyone’s gonna want to send you their decks @Sender

4 Likes

*ducks you mean

6 Likes

God I hope so!

Thank @Grozniy!

This one is @Mikenopolis’ Hummie deck. Some reinforcement in the battery cutout and then this fucking sick fabric he picked out.

It is just rough cut for now. Still needs to trim the edges, a few rounds of sanding and epoxy and glass frit! I love how you can just make out the “ghost carbon fiber” in the skulls!

7 Likes

Hey Pat so that’s what the link thingies do…you learn something every day…lol Its the way psychotiller likes to position them.

They look tough yes…:grinning: They are adjusted up within a mm of hitting the deck at full turn. If you raise the board up at the nose until the motor mounts hit its unlikely you will be going up a bump or transition that steep.

Me too a sweet spot for the GTX my first ride…I’ll never forget that…lol Even though I couldn’t ride for shit…

cheers

1 Like

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/8171?u=totalgeek9224

YOU! TELL US

HOW IS THIS SORCERY DONE??!

5 Likes

I need to do a write up soon!

7 Likes

It is actually pretty easy to do you are basically wetting out the fabric in the epoxy and it soaks through the fabric and adheres to the deck. Same principles as putting carbon fiber or fiberglass.

3 Likes

It isn’t too terribly difficult, but like all things, there is definitely a hefty learning curve. It turns to shit if you don’t do it right. Ask me how I know :wink:.

And it takes a good bit of materials

7 Likes