The MasterCho Enclosure

I think all are 26mm/1.02" height unless it has changed

1 Like

Hi MasterCho, your enclosures are all so beautiful and I am looking forward to your new board with built in enclosure that you are working on too. I’m wondering though what gives your enclosures strength. Is it safe to assume that the enclosures are layered this way ?

epoxy fiberglass mat epoxy carbon fiber epoxy

Is there still flex after all of this or have i missed something ? Just wondering how rigid or flexible these enclosures are. Once again great work, and i look forward to buying either an enclosure or Board from you in the future.

That would be perfect for my setup.

Glass Fiber reinforced composite materials are fairly strong.

I use one layer of carbon and 2 layers of Fiberglass DBM 1808 Knytex Biaxial Fabric,each layer gives,thickness 0.048" / 1.22mm,Resin Consumption 693.53gsm.

It’s stiff, you can’t bend it by hand and a little flex when twisting it.

I might need to torture one to see :thinking:

2 Likes

@Ulfberht, Wow,I am flattered by your compliment. That means a lot to me. :fist: Bump back to you!

2 Likes

@MasterCho i love your enclosure and would like to use one…but the space cell i have is 1.1 inches deep and your enclosure is only 1.02 deep :cry:

Shouldn’t be a problem. It’s only 2mm. I can trim with a little bit of lip Please refer to the drawing below

Plus you might want to use a dampener under the enclosure. Probably, it gives another 2-3 mm at least.

3 Likes

Exactly, plenty of room to be found in both ways!

I don’t know if this is helpful, but I’m going to be utillizing a material called Dynamat to reduce vibration and resonant frequency. https://www.amazon.com/Dynamat-10415-Self-Adhesive-Deadener-Speaker/dp/B00020CATC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1477534988&sr=8-6&keywords=dynamat Any box will have some level of acoustic resonance that will rattle, squeek, or just amplify road noise with an annoying tone. This material is used primarily for high-end car audio applications, but I have used it on my guitar and bass speaker boxes, kick drums, and cymbals. It’s easy to apply and it really kills a surprising amount of vibration without adding a lot of thickness. There are also some cheaper options on ebay that are still pretty decent, but Dynamat is the industry standard. @MasterCho My overall point is that I think this material would work very nicely with these killer CF/Hybrid enclosures! IMO :grinning:

5 Likes

That is an excellent point, I have also used Dynamat for other purposes but not thought about this case. Will adopt for my current build enclosure thanks!

1 Like

I have to try this :heart_eyes: Thank you @Ulfberht

1 Like

A quick update on design 3 enclosure.

I gave another coat of black primer and 3 wet clear coats which will reduce significant time polishing the mold later.

9 Likes

Hey Master, how much will v3 cost?

Looks amazing so far. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

You do beautiful work!

1 Like

Looks awesome! Looking forward to slapping one of them on to my deck.

1 Like

Where’d you get that deck? Or did you make it?

That is a loaded chubby unicorn, a favorite deck of mine but have not seen it as esk8 so should be interesting.

http://loadedboards.com/chubby-unicorn-deck

Had to go white, not very conducive to carbon fiber material. Just got this awesome solution from @psychotiller white abs enclosure. Will plan for @MasterCho on next build!

12 Likes

5 Likes

What material do you use to make your mold?