VESC-Project.com is online! Public VESC-Tool download

wow super fast thanks

load new firmware when in vesc tool it write 1,2 battery amps on bench supply i have 0.12 amps maybe you wrong with the 0? 3miliohm = 0.003

I am using this command:

make clean && make -j4 build_args="-DHW_VERSION_410 -DDISABLE_HW_LIMITS -DCURRENT_SHUNT_RES=0.0002"

Which is from build_all script with changed resistor value. I have not checked this obviously, but then i suspect even the original FW is not correct.

i dont now how to compile all i find is hwconf > hw_410 then i found shunt and instead of 0.001 i write 0.003 and then i donā€™t know how to compile i make all this in this http://www.chibios.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=chibios:product:chibistudio:start program

Jep theems the build scripts are wrong. There are too many zeros.

here the hopefully correct one: https://trash.ctdo.de/b/59aff4f077c/vesc_hw412_fw327_0003_0002ohms.zip

yes too many RES=0.0002 RES=0.002 needed

ok test now all ok thanks

Not sure if this has been answered already but I see some reports of the speed boost issue being eliminated with this new FW. For those of you that saw this, which esc are you using and what control mode (BLDC, FOC, etc.) ?

From everything I saw the speed boost is actually a HARDWARE issue which I wouldnā€™t think could be solved via software. @Ackmaniac said it had to do with noise on the current sensor which causes duty cycle to ramp from 87% straight to 95% which would cause this boost of speed that can be unnerving st speed.

1 Like

Hi Lucas, if you run a VESC-Tool Fork, why donā€™t you open up your own tread fork. This one is about VESC-Tool and not about ā€œyourā€ ESC-Tool.

If vendors of Hardware want to ship their VESC-Project derived ESCs, they can simply use the original FW and point to Benjaminā€™s Website for software downloads and GITHub to stay on the legal side.

Benjamin can even compile specially branded software for those who want to offer a custom (branded, custom FW) VESC-Tool. This way Vendors do not need to care about updates all the time. Pretty convenient! Vendors who are thankful for thousands of fours of development work can even can even join a partner program in future. This way customers can identify supportive vendors in future. For some this ā€œfeatureā€ is quite important, simply because project support allows to develop more products (Software and Hardware). These items can be sold again. So itā€™s probably in your interest to support R&D if you sell VESC-Project based Hardware.

Contributions to code, feedback and useful input is also very welcome! There is a forum for that: http://www.vesc-project.com/forum

And if you feel that VESC-Tool is something that you appreciate: Invite Benjamin on a virtual blonde Beer - he deserves it! All cheers should go in his direction BTW. He is the Yoda of the Software!

Frank

2 Likes

See, thats what I thought. I tried the VESC6 branch but it didnt seem to work. However, i did implement it pretty sloppily as I was rushed. Iā€™ll try it again when i get home today and report back how it works. If the other bluetooth apps are working still, i dont think anything could have changed too much. I could never get any of them to work with my bluetooth module though.

Great, Iā€™ve done the update 4.12 hw and my remote stopped working for some reason. I can control the motor using my PC keyboard, but remote is dead.

Any idea what might have happened?

How did you configure your PPM input signal? Via Wizard or manually? If your remote worked before, it should still work using Vesc-tool. Did you set a very low cut off voltage? This will stop the ESC from reacting.

Frank

A new Version is online! Some of the features requested are already implemented now. Throttle curves for brakes and acceleration is split now, fixed RT data time scale and some other minor thingsā€¦ VESC-Tool will tell you that there is an update. Latest Version now: V0.81

Frank

4 Likes

What about the FOC function on HW4.7 with the new code?

Well, focbox foc R is 0 Error!

2 Likes

and it also loaded 4.10 instead of 4.12

4.10 and 4.12 is the same hardware, just some slight routing changes

1 Like

Okay I debugged it. It seems like first detection stuck the motor for some reason, so it wonā€™t be able to detect from the first place! U first need to set up the app, PPM for me. write default motor setting than run the motor a bit. Than come back to motor detection! It works in both BLDC and FOC now, Phew~

Update, FOC is detected but not working, for bizar reason it shorts the motor and making tiny sound. does not respond to ppmā€¦ well BLDC for a while I guess :cry:

Update2: A side from initial setup bug, I noticed there is bug with ppm setting. for FOC it short the motor when connected to Receiver, regardless the remote on or off. Itā€™s like a failsafe mod. I couldnā€™t figure out what the cause. But it clearly works well on BLDC. Note: I plugged out receiver to prevent interference when setting FOC.

Notice that I use mac ver,(not official) FOCBOX, sk3 260kv 10s5a, with unloaded motor.

I tested with both 2.18 and Akmanā€™s 2.54, both works fine. And to go back to old fmw, u upload from vesc tool and use old tool.

not too sure if the tool or fmw problem tho

Works. I ran a 4.7 for more than a year in FOC.

Frank

So, as iā€™m having trouble now with the new vesc tool getting the sensor values on BLDC do I just ante up and try FOC?? My vescs are the last production enertion before VESC Xā€¦