VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future

Someone sooner or later will design 3d printed handles.

1 Like

I see what you did there…now i’m going to bed.

3 Likes

The mount will be universal. You can’t trigger the safety unless you slam the remote into the ground.

1 Like

sorry for getting deeper into this, but i´m really interested. so if i would fall on my not trigger hand, what pretty offten happens, that feature wouldn´t work as well, right? So basically the remote need to drop out of the hand to the ground or you need to land on the remote with your hand to trigger the saftey brake signal.

Yes, you need a hard impact on the remote. It is an option you can activate.

5 Likes

Look really cool, a little expensive, but it it proves reliable no problem

Does it have any level of waterproofness?

1 Like

I would not go swimming with it.

2 Likes

great! :ok_hand:

with the current 25% preorder discount I find it very well priced! non-EU = another VAT 20% off.

1 Like

Rip my bank account… If I order now, delivery time around August?

that´s sad, so not usable for e-surf aplications :sweat_smile: jk…

just to get it right, it´s powerd by 2 AAA cells, so no rechargeable battery inside?

2 Likes

This is ugly.

I’ll stick with my simple mini rc remote but nice try. Not saying that remote is pretty but less ugly than this and seemingly more ergonomic than this one.

I just hope it’s reliable.

1 Like

I use a leash to secure my remote to my wrist. It’s a bad idea to drop a remote at speed anyway. In that case a mildly and gradually applied safety brake would be a good idea anyway.

I do too, but people in general are morons. Someone, somewhere down the line will do this. Not if, but when. And it will happen at the most inopportune time, like going down a steep hill.

What’s the range on this device?

If you can disable the IMU in firmware that’d be great.

2x AAA , no LiPo. Easy, available around the globe and last for ages. Hydrofoild: No

Why? Not to mention that keeping throwing them away is not the best for the environment .

Does it at least have a remote battery indicator?

Seems to me that this was a cost decission

3 Likes

I will use AAA rechargeables. is there a charging port or do we need to take the batteries out?

1 Like

Simply use rechargeable AAAs like I do. The battery indicator is an on screen feature. 50 hours of constant use battery life lets you forget that this one is battery driven. And when you buy a set of four rechargeable AAAs you always have a pair of spare batteries to hands.

4 Likes

Take them out.

Serious now. Some of my Thai dance moves require an up turned hand. Be realistic. Is this going to be a viable option?

Not ideal for 2019 but its fine

3 Likes

You mean like this @Sender

48 Likes