Vote your favorite Carbon Fiber Deck with Integrated Enclosure

the board looks a little chubby! is that a 26650 version or 18650? maybe its a visual impression, because the edge doesnt appear slim, but thick & rounded like a big ship!

I also like the more rectangular shape of the original spud, because it covers the wheels completely - a great spray- & mudguard. my rain/winter board will be my spud for that exact reason.

p.s.: im stunned by the rate of 3d art you create! youre really awesome, i guess this is actually your profession?

It was a quick mockup. You are right! it was 35mm thick :flushed:

I always worry about wheel bite so slimmed it down. I never thought of the splash/ mudguard function.

Thank you white pony.

I used to 15 years ago. I am doing motion capture and key frame animation for games.

It is really fun doing it again I can’t stop modeling!:grinning:

3 Likes

Neodymium magnets

2 Likes

The World’s Strongest Magnets‎!!! Great idea!! I mean that’s what they say.

Have you used it?

How about a lid with a flush marine/boat slam latch? According to the description: Supplied with multiple backing plates to fit any door thickness .075" to .875" thick

1 Like

I will have to check this one out to see the size of it. The lid might need hinges with it. Thanks!

I have a decent amount of experience with these magnets in general, but not for this purpose.

I believe I saw someone who changed their raptor lid screws to neodymium, can’t remember who though.

2 Likes

I like C the best so far. I like the concave and the tail/nose kick up for accel/braking.

1 Like

I would buy a Jet Potato inspired deck for sure!

1 Like

Agree with @lever and you, this is best, and awesome btw!!

1 Like

The winner is Design C !!:clap: Thank you for all the likes and comments. Such a big help. I love the Potato shape, it’s my favorite part. Yeah?

I did some revisions on the design. It’s pretty close to the final.

Any comments and suggestion will be appreciated !!!

More renders.

35 Likes

DAYUM. That is one beautiful deck

4 Likes

So beautiful… it’s giving me mixed emotions :confounded: :heart_eyes: :cry:

1 Like

Limited edition glass version? :joy:

5 Likes

Take a look at “you build it, we skate it” on YouTube, there is an episode where they’ve got a glass skate.

1 Like

Looks really great! its 100% symmetric, is it? think you could start triggering massproduction and find quite a lot of buyers. also perfect fit with 10S3P & dual vesc, you modelled what many here probably had in their heads when were supposed to make up the perfect spud! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Is it just the angle or is the alien board not symmetrical? Looks like there is a weak point near the front truck mount. Are aps still in business ? I like option b :slight_smile:

yes dude, awesome! i’m in for a deck if you can get this done, and maybe more for folks in the UK - what a nice little commuter!

1 Like

Very nice! I think there is going to be a higher demand for good working smaller electric boards versus longer boards. Il be sure to stay tuned

I can’t wait to put my hands on it myself. I’ll start printing full-size mockup of it to feel the size and electric compartment. I’ll keep it posted as I do.

1 Like