Vote your favorite Carbon Fiber Deck with Integrated Enclosure

youre going to 3d print it first? that sounds hard and expensive.

how about using carbon for the board and just fiberglass for the compartment, or a blend of some sort so as to keep it flexible?

wonder what you think of using different materials.

(still waiting for super yellow tape. the butyl tape I could find was not thick.

Yes. I have done it for a 22-23 inch long enclosure.

Yes Hummie, I am considering different materials as well.

I like the look of CF but to make it less stiff, I use less CF layers that means it becomes weaker (easy to crack). Kevlar or Glass fiber is more impact resistance because less dense material .

For this enclosure I used 2 layers of Carbon/RED Kevlar cloth and one layer of the thick Glass Fiber cloth.

Then, reinforced edges and corners with another layer of Glass Fiber Cloth.

4 Likes

@torqueboards do you know what you will charge for your 32 inch board or is it still too early in the design phase right now to know ?

1 Like

Beautiful! If the final product looks 50% as nice, I’m in!!!

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Update. I think that the main advantage of compact deck is to be getting battery packs swapped easily. So I was thinking about using Magnets then I found a small latch that 'll be used.

The size of the compartment. 460mm X 135mm X 21mm.

17 Likes

nice latch, that thing looks awesome!

lol who is going to be the first person to bolt on Freeboard bindings to this thing!

That compartment will fit mostpacks with the bms on the side.

1 Like

That’s good to know.

Love it, I’m in for one

4 Likes

I want one now much?

This is very nice!

Will the inside of the enclosure be lined with a non conductive material?

2 Likes

Looks really nice. Only thing Im questioning is will the lid be stiff,stay put, and not rattle. Making the enclosure on the bottom you could have a solid footing for sure and a thin cover would suffice.

Could do just a fiberglass bottom and not worry about losing connection with the receiver

1 Like

I’m gonna second that. All screws, buttons, ports, etc. should be on the bottom or side of the board so you aren’t stepping on it, but if you must put it on the top, your design looks sick. Just please don’t put a power switch and battery charging port on the top, too! Leave those two on the bottom or side. Having to access the battery from the top isn’t thaaat bad, just looks cleaner without any seams on top.

That said, I WANT THAT DECK! Looks sick! WIsh it could fit 10S4P but I LOVE the shape of your design and with the wheel flares hopefully you could run outboard motors without the need for extra risers.

1 Like

It would be cool if the very ends of the board were covered or made of something other than carbon fiber so that they can get scratched. A removable/swappable piece of hard plastic that snaps on and wraps around the ends would be clever. Have the carbon be narrower there so that when the ‘plastic snap on end caps’ are on it fits flush all around.

Yea if there was a nice drop through deck like evolve would be really nice and yes take my money if you could make a nice drop though I will be first dibs.

He could add a last layer of Kevlar on the ends It’s gold weave and not so subtle but maybe black dye resin.

1 Like

Yes, It will be Kevlar /Glass Fiber materials. :relaxed:

The lid will have some flex to lock in place in the latch when push it down and it’ll spring back when you push the button.

I am planing to test it soon.