What are the current bottlenecks in esk8?

i am with you, i will love to have and emergency mechanic brake. This is one o my biggest concerns.

1 Like

I would say biggest improvement should be made in stability and turning radius ‘sector’.

Also the fact that mountainboard / airless tires consume 2x times more energy is not very good.

So if soft tire with less consumtion or stiff tire with suspension would be made possible, less weight/cost batteries could be used for same distance/range

This is comical. So let’s say power in watts is equal to volts times amps. Amps are limited by electrical resistance.

Let’s say our overall electrical system is 1 ohm and our voltage is 50 volts. Volts divided by one equal amps. So to find power in watts we can:

50v/1ohm=50a 50v*50a=2500watts

Okay, now you change ohms to zero and tell me the watts, what percentage is that?

A bottle neck to what? My evo does 45mph. Where do you want to go? Just have to wait till back to the future becomes a reality.

1 Like

Just waiting on room temp superconductor so I can build high voltage asymmetrical capacitor and exploit that ion thrust

Damn, never gonna happen

1 Like

grip is a bottleneck limiting you ability to change direction,brake or accelerate…quite important, indeed!

Holy shit. Really. Do the boards we ride today perform to the best of OUR abilities? Yes they do. This is a nothing thread. Until we attain superhuman powers then there are no bloody bottlenecks to the performance we require. All the technology is already here. You want good traction off road then look at rally cars. You want good traction on road then look at F1. The electronics are already here. We are the bottle neck but continue cluttering up the the forum with your pointless bollocks if you want.

3 Likes

Money is the biggest bottleneck. There are no really big fish in the industry no one with real money to invest. So all the esk8 innovations and innovator’s come from this website that means these people if they want to sell their new stuff need to invest their personal money and basicly start a new buisness. This process takes a long time imo bottlenecking the progress in the esk8 world.

4 Likes

I don’t agree, a lot of this comes down to rider skill. We are still riding skateboards here.

Let’s bring some science in here. What is an acceptable rate of acceleration and braking on dry pavement?

If you are happy with it, that’s fine!

Coming from a boardriding background (ski,snow,surf), I expect much more G from my boards, much more carving and generally much more control.

Drifting hopelessly is a bottleneck to me…but again, if you are happy with it, that’s ok for me.

We just don’t call a board the same thing.

1 Like

Your just not riding it correctly if your not hitting the G’s you want. The other board sports you listed aren’t powered so your basically talking about carving. This comes down to skill and setup. What duro are you riding? Are you using high quality wheels like abec11 or better yet abec12 jk

1 Like

I ride Flexboardz (my pseudo), with independant leaning wheels, so I don’t have the same grip bottleneck.

You and everyone else is waiting, that’s for sure.

1 Like

anyway, i think the total weight of the board is indeed a bottleneck. you can build something with awesome specs but you still have to carry the damn thing when you’re in places you can’t ride it (not offroad but like inside buildings and such.)

1 Like

Ok, it makes sense now. You’ve already created a solution to your problem. That’s great if it works for you. I hope your idea pans out. I’m still happy shredding the gnar og

2 Likes

I just let this here:

Which out of this three? Nothing else.

1 Like

I sold Flexboardz during 10+ years so it works not just for me (I have few technical explanations about it)… and during all that time, I’ve learned that I can’t convince a true skater who prefer sliding to carving.

1 Like

I suppose it’s a use case. I still carve on urathane. If I want to slide I need to change wheels. Perhaps users that are not skaters need some extra help.

What is the use case for your product?

Initially, it was for mountainboarding and then, mainly for Kitemtb where grip and stability is needed to handle the power of the wind

Flexboardz website is out of order but you can see more details about the boards on Flexboardz youtube page