What are the current bottlenecks in esk8?

For me the bottleneck is the roads. Too rough and bumpy to ride fast, even with 150 mm AT. The sidewalks and bicycle lanes do not have the same requirements as for the roads in terms of smoothness etc. it seems here in Sweden. And of course, the weather is a bi*ch!

2 Likes

only ones I have ever seen is trampas: https://www.trampaboards.com/vertigo-hanger--magura-hydraulic-brakes-with-solid-disks-to-fit-superstar-wheels--p-25702.html

The first attempt of our mighty german government was the limitation to 20 km/h and a driving license for a gasoline scooter and the person must be at least 15 years old. And on top a general operating certificate.That point is complete bullshit. And no esk8 and hoverboards were included in this law draft. The next attempt, after some critic from our folks, was to lower the minimum age to 14 and 20 km/h and 12 years for 12 km/h(there is no electric scooter for that speed lol). And the driving license was been tossed. You wonā€™t believe me, that this law draft is about 50 sites long. I would be fine with 25 km/h. This law draft converts also 250.000 electric vehicles on the german streets to scrap metal, caused by the general operating certificate.

Governmentsā€¦ absolutely useless ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Do you know me? Do you know my background? Of course you donā€™t but still presumed to write off my experience as a typical skater. Wonderful. Now go and electrify that creation of yours and then we will see if it indeed does what you think it does. I for one would love to see that board with power because I too have been riding boards my whole life. I was using a landsailer in 1980 which is probably before you were born. I was on the british funboard windsurfing tour when I was 15 which was probably before you were born. Sponsored by sailboard when I was 16. Still surf and windsurf every chance I get and am a member of my local cable ski joint because I can wakeboard too. Donā€™t do too much snow boarding anymore because I have dislocated both knees more times than I can remember. Never presume my friend. Love your work btw Now as @Andy87 has so succinctly pointed out we have massively derailed this poor guys thread. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Heā€™s had powered Flexboardz for over 8 years now Iā€™m pretty sure, perhaps longer. And heā€™s been a part of the community coming on 10 years ( though, as you may have noticed his discussion tends to be pretty heavily focused on his own thing )

1 Like

Cue me popping up the donā€™t I feel like the fucking asshole meme. I feel sheepish but he still presumed!!! Iā€™ll slope off into the corner now and lick my wounds. Iā€™m broken.

Last shot Canā€™t be that good then! boom. Iā€™m back

Actually, yes, I know your riding habits quite well since I have had this talk with hundreds of different clients (downhill skate or mtb, kite, wind, ice, motorā€¦) during the last 20 years. Typical truck/thane/no questionjustrideharder (and same courtesy :slight_smile: ). (please donā€™t mention my age).

Eboards are still boards and the same bottlenecks (lack of traction, wobble, busted bearing, melted hub, torn tires,ā€¦) happened in the 2000ā€™s mtb era, specially on Kitemtb, and were somehow addressed.

I simply remind the ā€œlost memoriesā€ ā€¦and believe that it will be much much worse with Eboards now that the electric/electronic power is widely available.

Hundreds?

Do you? Do you really? We do this thing together do we? No we donā€™t. Stop talking bollocks and acting like you know me or anyone like me. Just because you built an apparently unsuccessful board do not presume (theres that word again) to know what the industry needs. You got something then show us.

I guess that it is the difference between insider and outsiders.

Please check Flexboardz Youtube pag or Flexscoot while we are working on the new Flexboardz website.

I will initiate a dedicated post about Eflex pretty soon.

Website down is it? After 8 years? Wow. Thats terrible for business. An established business that is. Iā€™m going to fuck off now before we really fall out because to be honest this blatant self promotion is starting to gall.

1 Like

so @Flexboardz, youā€™re here talking shit to @dareno while you donā€™t even have a full business regarding eskate. idk what youā€™re here for but youā€™re making yourself look like a fool :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Again, you probably donā€™t know but the whole boardriding business collapsed in the 2010ā€™s, specially mountainboarding, powerkitingā€¦ and it has been pretty painful (for insiders)!

For the rest, I prefer to try hard, fail, try againā€¦ and face ironic comments from outsiders who have been there, done that, ā€¦behind their screen or in their youth.

As it turns a bit too ā€œpersonalā€ and away from topic, I will initiate a separated post about Eflex where you will have the opportunity to express all your disagreements, hopefully technically documented.

Courtesy and respect is still appreciated.

That goes both ways. Taking an elitist, ā€œpapa knows best,ā€ ā€œI know what you do and need better than you doā€ ā€œyouā€™re not an insiderā€ approach is irritating. Especially when your goofy little setup is the answer to all our woes. Feels more like baseless self promotion.

I look forward to seeing what it is you have to offer, and if I will even give it a second look. Doubtful.

1 Like

Did it? Wow did you tell anyone else? The other successful businesses are blissfully unaware. You should let let them know.

By ironic I presume you meant to say sarcastic. Its a lot more insulting.

Please donā€™t. Had quite enough of your self promoting bullshit.

Not really feeling the appreciation. Nor the courtesy so I will respectfully decline and tell you to go fuck yourself. Was that ironic enough for you?

5 Likes

If you look above, you will see that I expressed different technical points of view (about bottleneck), supported by technical documents, field proved for decades and without disrespect.

You simply didnā€™t take the time to inform you.

No surprise you are still riding XIXth century (sort of) boards.

Do you really even know what I ride you arrogant prick?

Flexboardz? I got you fam. I will just ride my ancient technology, rather than deal with arrogant ā€œinsidersā€ like yourself.

You funny.

5 Likes

2 Likes

My board is nearly a submarine. Can confirm. Iā€™d feel comfortable spraying it off with a hose if I didnt care about rusty bearings.

2 Likes

I have been looking and I have not year found a breaking system which seems to work well. If anyone knows of any, please start a thread and tag me! It would be a fun topic to discuss.