Why has this industry been so overpriced for so long?

80% of people ive talked to in emails says yes. I won’t name names.

2 Likes

My apologies, I accidentally hit reply on your post when I meant hit reply on the Op’s post.

3 Likes

The teenagers I teach at school can have a better discussion without being so rude and mean to each other. Come on guys…some parts are over priced, some are fair priced. Some are quality some are rubbish. As long as we have a competitive market we are good.

6 Likes

Some people have quality points, some have rubbish points. This guy falls into the latter category. But yeah.

(If you can even call his baseless opinion a point.)

1 Like

I’d like to know what people consider ‘overpriced’?

3 Likes

Welcome to the interwebz

1 Like

Oh okay thank you. Know it makes sense :smile: Dif. Char

1 Like

But that’s not what the op said.

He said the industry was overpriced and then made the assumption that its a conspiracy.

4 Likes

Don’t get into DIY esk8 if you can’t afford it. It’s that simple. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Hey @psychotiller, apparently your gear is overpriced…I want a refund! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Nobody deserves anything. You must earn stuff. Facts are irrefutable. If a fact collides with your opinion, then your opinion is wrong.

Example:

I think that thing is pretty. :arrow_backward: This is an opinion. It’s neither provable nor disprovable.

I think the Earth is flat. :arrow_backward: This is contradicted by proven facts and you are not entitled to this opinion. It’s not a fuzzy subject. You either take advice and update your thoughts based on proven facts, or you are an idiot that does not deserve the gift of other folks’ valuable time. You don’t “deserve” an opinion.

8 Likes

What is the defenition if overpriced? Is a BMW overpriced? Some people might say yes some no…

1 Like

‎ ‎

6 Likes

His products are actually not that expensive. He just charges a premuim for those sick stickers. :joy:

6 Likes

@Mich21050 was confused by my accidental reply to himm instead of the Op, apparently I confused you too via proxy :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

Trying to get him all riled up and poke the bear? Lol

6 Likes

Why has this community been so confused for so long?

insert hot take here

1 Like

What can I say, I’m a glutton :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You mention mounts being overpriced…

I tried to get a short run of firefly remote mechanical parts laser cut from aluminium. I was quoted the equivalent of over 100USD for ONE set. Discount for bulk? Maybe if I was ordering more than 10 sets.

And that was from the first engineering firm that didn’t laugh me out of their office.

So if mounts are overpriced, it’s not because the designer is charging too much. It’s because Joe down at McWilliams engineering could be using his machine to cut out a $1000 shop sign in the time it would take him to cut your 10 motor mounts. And in case you’re wondering, Joe thinks your hobby is kinda stupid. He doesn’t care if your mounts are overpriced, because he doesn’t care if your mounts get made at all.

17 Likes

I have this buddy, smart as all fuck, has internet and access to countless creditable sources and still believes NASA is just a bunch of Disney productions. Dead ass

8 Likes