Why so much hate?

No I’m saying if your riding a 15mph street ride at 15mph or higher, remember speed limits are designed for a reason… If your riding a 30mph street ride at 30mph. If your keeping up with traffic you can carve, you have less cars passing you making you have to abide to the narrow cycling lanes. Allowing people to pass and get upset, because you are disrupting the flow of normal traffic. If your keeping up to the speed limit of the street you ride, it works out pretty easy.

I stay off of main roads that are 35mph and under Because typically it’s heavy traffic and people are assholes. Otherwise do above and life will be a lot less stressful skating street.

If you can’t do that… Stick to developments, greenways and sidewalks. The road is made for moving. If your in it you should be going with the flow of traffic or not on the street… Otherwise you are just putting yourself in more danger then riding with traffic, and would be safer on the sidewalk.

2 Likes

No, like @Deckoz said, I feel like when you ride fast there’s less problems when you ride slow, I was just accelerating after waiting for a stop light and cars and she tried to be a dickhead. If I went faster this wouldn’t have happened

They hate us because they ain’t us. Same reason why car drivers hate motorcyclists for lane splitting shitty traffic.

5 Likes

lol this is brilliant xD but i wouldnt recommend grabbing bears…

1 Like

damn, you never tried it? grabbing a bear is the best thing ever. Free Adrenalin for live man.

PS: Changed it to beer…

2 Likes

Yeah, you do that. I’ll keep riding slow, and giving way to the 2000 lb metal boxes.

Just use a camera when riding, and if shit goes down, swallow your pride, move on and report them with evidence.

Hey your choice. If you wanna ride slower on the street. I’d rather ride on the sidewalk then do that.

Regarding riding fast or slow I don’t think it matters that much as long as you aren’t in the way and are in control. Personally I’ll stop if I’m at an intersection and there’s a red light and just walk or kick/push the board across the intersection once it goes green and basically stay between the actual lane and the walking path. Usually by the time I kick my way across the intersection most of the cars have passed and I can get going back on electric powered.

Agree on what Deckoz is saying too though just stick to streets that match generally the speed you’re going to be going is ideal this way you don’t have a ton of cars trying to get past you. I only ride side streets or streets with bike lanes so long as it’s an option, I’ll walk it if the path I need to go down requires being on a major road.

Only thing I’d disagree with is the “option” to ride on the sidewalk since I tried that once while it was raining and got a warning/pat down from the police in Berwyn, IL (so see your local laws/enforcement for details).

1 Like

you r right in most case. I’ve been fingered, almost hit by a car, cursed, called as racial terms. which I didn’t react because they chickens out. But time to time there r idiots who needs to be schooled. if I go court for that I have a damn good lawyer. I will fight to the teeth and nails.

1 Like

I had a few kids scream something I didn’t even hear at me because they wer jealous. Such is life

I don’t know where you live, but here riding on the sidewalk is completely illegal. And probably will get you in more arguments/trouble than riding on the street. But sure, you do you.

The old woman in the Starbucks mad because a Korean girl was talking by the cell phone in her language… the camping dude jumping in front of cross-country bikers trying to hit them with a shovel… angry clerks jumping on skateboard boys playing in the parking lot and trying to take the boards from them… the woman laughing at another because she blond tinted her hair and doesn’t look real… is just uneducated people. They attack what they don’t understand (they are insecure)… because they fear.

2 Likes

Yea, people always just scream out inaudible stuff out of cars

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: LoL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

True that!

1 Like

When I first got my license I had friends that I’d drive around with who would just make random farm animal noises at people as we drove around… sometimes people are just silly maybe you’re taking it all as negative.

edit granted spit in the face was probably meant to be negative… luckily haven’t had that one happen to me

1 Like

That’s called “aggravated attempted murder”

After that happens, you remain calm and A) shoot her if the threat is still present (aka if she is hitting the gas again toward you) AND (not or) B) call the police and report the crime C) remember her license plate as well.

Not doing B means you are just as at-fault as she is. We have laws that say you may not try to murder people, and we have those laws for reasons. They need to be upheld.

3 Likes

Someone threw a burrito at me. Then I picked it up and ate it. It was delicious.

17 Likes

I don’t know that this trumps old lady loogie, but some weeks back I had a rather hefty, clothing deprived young man jump out of the bushes on the bike trail, baby dick in hand; big shit-eating grin, like a little kid with a cupcake, just stroking away.

I suppose sometimes ya just gotta take this kinda stuff as a compliment and move on :rofl:

4 Likes