Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

@myreala There is a better open source one started at http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/new-esk8-app-for-ios-and-android/37318

That looks nice, but I don’t like the idea of using ReactNative, maybe I’ll do a native android version of that app. Can’t hurt to have more options.

I tried playing around with that one but it was broken so couldn’t even get it to work

@b264 yess I was planning to learn react native but i decided to do native programing first before trying to move to react native. I will learn react for my next app whatever it might be.

@Jc06505n mhmm! thats like my thought process of getting into these types of programing, wanted ease into it and learn some native before going full react as some people suggested. Im not a CS major so I’m just learning piece by piece.

@Scoo_B_SK8 haha yess! first go at iOS, thank you! that means a lot. I just need to learn more about UI stuff, got no experience in that department! Take the leap! You won’t regret it. I used to play games in my spare times but now I just programing. Programming for fun is very interesting, never understood why people did it until now.

@gee yep swift and C

@myreala I’m not sure yet. I want to put it out into the app store so I will charge like a buck or two to get the developer fee back :] which isn’t much. Then probably open source it to gain improvements, didn’t think too much about it.

2 Likes

Thank you @twan I’ll be keeping an eye out for this when you release it.

1 Like

im not saying… im just saying.

12 Likes

Looks nice. What I miss are the top and bottom values when reached next to the real time values. Not sure how to explain that better. Eskate VESC app does this well. The metr app is also missing this.

I use both these apps on iOS and I like the eSkate VESC app better for this reason only.

2 Likes

ohh yess, I was going to add that later too. Will add for sure!

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to look at getting into app development myself. Hadn’t heard of React Native, but it does look like the way to go after a few mins research.

10 Likes

YES! I LOVE THE LAYOUT. That’s looking awesome. If you need a beta tester ;). I’d like to give it a spin. An awesome suggestion would be to have a “lifetime stats” to know total distance ridden. It’s just a nice milestone thing

3 Likes

that is an awesome idea, data from that could help with judging longevity of certain parts and when you should service board.

2 Likes

Would totally buy it from the App Store

2 Likes

looks amazing!!

1 Like

Yep im in the progress of adding the life time stats :wink:

4 Likes

Hi @twan ! Looks awesome! I’m still very new to this world of esk8ing but I’ve been playing around with a loaner board that has the METR module in it and my favourite part about the whole mobile thing is that the METR app has apple watch support :slight_smile: I just find it’s so much easier to look at the watch than to pull out my phone. I was wondering if it’s something you have considered

6 Likes

I second, third, fourth, and fifth this idea :wink:

6 Likes

That looks really good :slight_smile:

Would love to see this opensource.

Good job!

2 Likes

Nice , something ackamic and METR lacks in terms of their apps is overall design persay . This looks closer to the other app everyone was excited for but the guy got to busy with. The icons look blurry though, probably just compression. Are you ensuring that there are PNG’s for all screen sizes ?

Edit: I was viewing on a monitor , on phone the icons look awesome

Yes I have considered doing the Apple watch. I probably will work on it after I finalized the current app and add that on. Also planning on maybe adding a future global stats where users can register and submit their overall stats and this will allow users to compare to other people world wide.

1 Like