Y piece or canbus

It’s simple if you ask yourself do you want to have a bluetooth module for readings on your phone (if you wish to monitor both esc with metr pro). If the answer is yes go canbus. Otherwise it doesn’t matter unless you want traction control, then you still need to go canbus.

2 Likes

I would assume having it connect your phone would allow you to monitor your systems? I just don’t wanna hurt my focbox

1 Like

Then split! Error rates for CAN/split are as one-sided as fire rates for Liion/Lipo (in esk8 anyway) HA Edit: shutup self, that’s not funny

1 Like

Okay. I’lll have to make sure I read up on exactly how to do a split.

*everything is funny, everything

1 Like

Just buy a split PPM cable. Connect to both Focbox. Double check and make sure one doesn’t ground out the other.

1 Like

Universal truth. Another: anything’s a dildo if you’re brave enough (my favorite thing to say).

Back on track, y piece is easy. Disconnect one of the +5v in a safe and insulated way so that you can connect it again if needed.

4 Likes

Exactly ! , If you really really really don’t want issues with DIY Eskate… buy a bicycle. Other than that, enjoy the adventure and bring your wallet !

1 Like

I don’t even know what +5v is lol. I’ve still got alot of reading to do. Very mechanically inclined and I’ve worked on cars for a long time but typically 60s and 70s stuff, I’ve avoided electrical stuff like the plague. Everything except for the fact that these are skateboards is outside of my comfort zone.

The pwm consists of 3 wires: black white and red. Ground, signal and 5v positive respectively. Two focbox equals 6 wires. Subtract one red and you’re all set

1 Like

imagehttps://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/4/9/49e97d871a6c8eaae5e00cd59cd5320d7774ab0c.jpeg

The red wire. Notice one is missing. You only need power from one Focbox to the receiver.

1 Like

All makes sense now. Thanks guys

By the way, if you’re still in the market for a remote, I have the benchwheel and it’s awesome. It has two channels set up so that you can run both pwm cables for two different escs without any modifications

I do still need a remote, I was shooting for the benchwheel actually @PatRocks

1 Like

People have had trouble ordering them and not specifically ordering BOTH the transmitter and receiver, be careful to check that. It can be a pain to pair them, but once configured that’s a good remote

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been having a hard time finding any in stock. Would I be running one or two receivers?

I don’t know if you can pair two receivers. @mmaner ?

I don’t think you can use 2 receivers but the RX has 2 PPM connections.

1 Like

Is the RX a type of receiver?

3 Likes

It’s an abbreviation for receiver. Tx is transmitter. you can plug both pwm connectors into the single Rx, without disconnecting any red 5v wires. Then, you can power one esc off and still power the Rx without plugging/unplugging pwm’s (like for programming)

2 Likes

that just hit my best-quotes-of-the-week hitlist :smiley:

2 Likes